Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long gone forum members?

6K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  Tigershark 
#1 ·
At the end of the year it seems as though all the tv news programs pay homage to those lost in the past year and it got me to thinking about all the folks no longer in the forum. Who were your notables and why?

#3 · (Edited)
Great idea------
Marthy for his CCT installation guide.
bobby walnuts for his common sense
Harry Balzak for his clever lack of sense
CD599 for his, how would you say it, confrontational rudeness with a bit of wisdom.
Catch22 for his Lord of the Rings techno babble.
Truckinduc for his very neat single sided swingarm and about a dozen other people that made me laugh, made me say WTF or the ones that just enjoyed some friendly banter and exchanging a few ideas.

#5 ·
A few names I came up with are leedrew, dnfdoug, beck, mountaingoat, jen, maryleejane. Some of us took a hiatus with different bikes, but tend to miss the old gang. I was just thinking the other day about how other forums aren’t as friendly or personal.

I looked for my friends list for a reference for this thread and it’s gone.

#7 ·
You know, I gave Steve101 sooooo many warnings, several temporary bans, and then finally, enough was enough. He had an uncanny way of not just walking close to the edge of the forum rules and limits, but could actually cross the line with his upper body, while his feet and legs were still on the other side of the line. Then he would PM me and plead his case about not being over the line. Actually, he had it.....ALMOST.......perfected, but he missed it by this much......| |

#8 ·
Crosshairs, Troop, Warpdrv and Keef haven’t posted lately either. I was gone for a while when the forum changed, but ultimately came back missing the colleagues.

What I miss the most from the old forum is poster’s locations. That really helped to identify everyone. How many times did Ridetofish remind members to pin the map? I can’t see how that can possibly be an issue. It certainly can’t be privacy, since it never included our street address or our real names. Getting that back would be a real plus.

#22 ·
Chris is a great guy. Too bad he only has a couple of bikes!!! Lol. Last count 100+. I worked with him when planning the "Big San Diego Ride." back in 2015. First stop was at his place at the base of Palomar Mountain. Excellent rider who knows Palomar like the back of his hand.

#15 ·
I am coming back, ladies.

Will be selling my cb500F super commuter (complete with rebuilt fireblade rear shock and racetech emulators and springs) and my vfr800 streetfighter to only have one bike. Which is gonna be another MT09. Looking at a low k (low mileage in old world measurements)17 model since it has QS, slipper, TC, ABS and a yoshi, so all i would need to do is brakes and suspension.

#26 · (Edited)
I sold my FZ09 in the 2016 and been bike less since, I don’t know what made me log in today as I get weekly subscriptions but never bothered to log in. I used to manufacture the helmet holder bracket installed flush under the seat and sell it on eBay and a few members from the forum bought it from me. So I’m here to say hello to every one old and new member. I also hope that everyone is good and wishing you guys the best in the remaining days of 2019 and hopefully 2020 is going to be better than 2019 for everyone.
Last but not least
Merry Christmas & happy holidays every FZ09 fellow members and their families and to any visitor that’s just checking the forum out.

P.S
I edited because I missed some words and had some grammar error.
Cheers

#28 ·
This thread caught my eyes,.. Been "gone" for quite a while but I still have a 2014. Probably time for some fresh parts and a thorough "re-fresh"... 16K = new chain, new sprockets, third set of tire, not sure what else... plugs, valves check, ????

#30 ·
LehighLuke. He's a real sweetheart. He showed up in 2014, enthusiastic and getting into the mods when he had a horrific accident. A cager violated his space and nearly killed him. Luke stuck around for a good while after that, but...

I miss him.

#32 ·
Hey everyone,

Sold the Fizzer about 1.5 year ago since I wasn't riding much anymore. Sort of wish I kept it... Didn't ride much but it was nice to get the bike bug out once in a while. 7600 miles shared between mountain bike, gravel and road bike is not quite the same ?. I might get a new ride this year, we'll see. But anyway, I pop in every now and then to check what you guys are up to LOL

On this I hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you a kickass 2020!

#36 ·
just bought a black 2017, 30,000ks, bog stock except for an Akra carbon. still has the legally required tyre hugging plate holder.
I've bought a rear rack because I'm a commuter, and a set of GB racing covers.

My last one was still fine at 66,000ks, and replacing a clutch basket or they go for 100,000 miles, so I'm not worried about mileage.
I'd post pics, but it looks like any stock pics of black MT's.
Once i sell my CB500F and my fightered VFR, I'll be doing the usual- suspension, flash, brake MC and big rotors.
Even the short ride home (about 45*C/113*F here today, so not feeling a long ride) told me it was a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.