Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
A riding buddy has the same bike, color too it think. Beautiful machine! Start a rear tire savings account, with the weight of the bike and that powerful engine, it will make short work of your tires.

If I were to get rid of the We-Strom the Connie would be my first choice.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, no $30,000 Honda with heat, air conditioning and reverse?
That would be a full on Autocycle.

The Connie is a partial one.

Wanted something i could do 2 up comfortably an still have some handling and performance.

I have ridden a couple of these and they are amazing. Super smooth and well able to put down some respectable lap times.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sweet bike!
Ahhh...comfort n performance. Good deal.
Enjoy, brother.

Reactions: Hawkerjet

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Score!
Now all you need is a re-worked seat!
Hey Bob how ya doing?

I have ridden 2 of these and the stock seat was not bad.

Guess I will find out when I go to pick her up and ride the 1000 miles home!

It will be either iron butt or cracker ass.

Hopefully the former.:cool:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Dang you Hawkerjet, you made me look at Craigslist. A guy has a 2013 with 580 miles on it for less than $10K. Oh dear!

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Hawker, why the Connie over all the other sport tour bikes? I'm looking into the FJR and ST.
Those other two are very nice too but there were a couple of things that steered me away.

The FJ is only a 5 speed trans and has fairly low foot peg clearance. When I sat on a new one the seat was way too wide for my skinny arse and the bike felt really top heavy.

The ST is nice too. A little heaver than the Connie and quite a bit less power. My buddy who owns the local Honda shop said the radiator hoses are an issue with them. They tend to blow out at around 30k miles and are a real bitch to get to.

Then when I rode a couple of Connies it was love at first ride.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Those other two are very nice too but there were a couple of things that steered me away.

The FJ is only a 5 speed trans and has fairly low foot peg clearance. When I sat on a new one the seat was way too wide for my skinny arse and the bike felt really top heavy.

The ST is nice too. A little heaver than the Connie and quite a bit less power. My buddy who owns the local Honda shop said the radiator hoses are an issue with them. They tend to blow out at around 30k miles and are a real bitch to get to.

Then when I rode a couple of Connies it was love at first ride.
Ditto, I test rode the Connie and the FJ, the big Kawasaki was better, even without cruise control, which I don't want on a motorcycle.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I first saw the pic of the bike, I was like "hey, that looks like Birds of prey". Then I saw where you lived and thought, must be near him. I went there to look at the '09, but they didn't have any. Said that naked bikes weren't a real big seller and they weren't going to get any unless somebody wanted to order it, yet they had a few Triumph triples that I also looked at, the street and speed triples from them, but for the price, the '09 was just to good to pass on. When are you going to be picking it up? Maybe we can get together and grab a bite to eat before you head out.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I first saw the pic of the bike, I was like "hey, that looks like Birds of prey". Then I saw where you lived and thought, must be near him. I went there to look at the '09, but they didn't have any. Said that naked bikes weren't a real big seller and they weren't going to get any unless somebody wanted to order it, yet they had a few Triumph triples that I also looked at, the street and speed triples from them, but for the price, the '09 was just to good to pass on. When are you going to be picking it up? Maybe we can get together and grab a bite to eat before you head out.
Hey Fast guy. I appreciate the offer. It's going to be a whirlwind trip.

Fly in, pick up the bike, spend a little time with family, then 2 day ride back to SB.

Then jump in the jet and fly to San Antonio, Denver, Kalispel, and back to SB... all with out catching my breath.

Crap I'm getting too old for this.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow just discovered that my Connie was first sold in April of last year.

So the factory warranty is good til April 2017.

How cool is that?

Every now and then I get lucky!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts