Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I recently rode around Llano and Kerrville on our bikes. He did the filming using his GoPro camera mounted on his trusty Versys. Somehow, the FZ9 ends up doing quite well on mild dual-sport roads around 7:30 in the video. The recent batch of rain has made the area green and most of the creeks were flowing nicely.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The FZ09 does better on dirt roads than my VStrom 1000 ever did - but then it weighs a lot less and 1st gear pulls lower. The VStrom was better (smoother) for 2 up riding though. I'd like to customize my ride modes - leave A alone, change Standard to be B, and change B to be even smoother for carrying a passenger (give me the power, but smooth it out more).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FZ09 does better on dirt roads than my VStrom 1000 ever did - but then it weighs a lot less and 1st gear pulls lower. The VStrom was better (smoother) for 2 up riding though. I'd like to customize my ride modes - leave A alone, change Standard to be B, and change B to be even smoother for carrying a passenger (give me the power, but smooth it out more).
The A mode benefits dramatically from the Stoltec reflash. If you want to do the above, probably the best way is to get a Power Commander with a skilled dyno tuner like AF1 racing near Austin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts