Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you LD. I've been trying to think of a way to say it. We all love motorcycles or we wouldn't be here. Let's talk about what a great ride we had today. Let's talk about how awesome our machines are. Surely we have many things in common. My brother in law was just diagnosed with possible cancer. We all pitched in and bought him a nice used V Rod. He hugged me for the first time in 20 years.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
My brother in law was just diagnosed with possible cancer. We all pitched in and bought him a nice used V Rod. He hugged me for the first time in 20 years.
Very sorry to hear this - but that's awesome what you guys did. Couldn't agree with you more on the topic too - I had an absolute blast on my bike today - stopped off at a rest stop somewhere in NY and ran into a bunch of bikers coming in for fuel - mix of harleys and sport bikes. We all started checking each others bikes out and everyone was super friendly - was one of those moments that make motorcycling such an awesome hobby.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm totally behind this. If you want to belittle someone or have a flame war, go somewhere else.

There's a world of difference between advocating something and verbally attacking and sniping at those who don't agree.
Text Cartoon Font Line Line art

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
We've been at a bluegrass festival for the past few days, so reading about riding (Twist of the Wrist I)and checking this site. Riding is great, even vicariously. We have more in common than not and care about our fellow riders, which is where the passion comes from.
Sorry to hear about the cancer. That's rough.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you still have the Grand National? Man I've wanted one of those since the eighties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts