Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!

I wanted the bling and fine adjustability offered by Lite Tech chain adjusters, but they don’t make them for 17+ FZ-09s. These bikes have a longer rear axle to accommodate the rear fender.

The solution is simple, really, as long as you don’t mind ditching the stock rear fender (I have a Yosh eliminator). Just replace the stock axle with one for a 14-16 bike. I got a used one on EBay for $20 and after polishing with steel wool it looks like new! The install is easy. I also picked up a Pitbull Pit Crew Tire wedge. This thing is awesome and will allow easy wheel removal

Ride safe!

CJ

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys!

I wanted the bling and fine adjustability offered by Lite Tech chain adjusters, but they don’t make them for 17+ FZ-09s. These bikes have a longer rear axle to accommodate the rear fender.

The solution is simple, really, as long as you don’t mind ditching the stock rear fender (I have a Yosh eliminator). Just replace the stock axle with one for a 14-16 bike. I got a used one on EBay for $20 and after polishing with steel wool it looks like new! The install is easy. I also picked up a Pitbull Pit Crew Tire wedge. This thing is awesome and will allow easy wheel removal

Ride safe!

CJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys!

Ride safe!

CJ
Did you also order a new nut? Or use the old one? I’m looking to do the same thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The axle nut is the same, but I put a new shiny one on to complement the sharp looking adjusters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So that’s it? An axle from an older bike and those adjusters fit perfectly? They look nice 😊 on your bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts