Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my FZ. Just under 4000 miles. It's in perfect condition - never been down or dropped. I love this bike but am just not riding it these days. I picked up a supermoto that always wins out when I want to ride. You guys know the cost of each of the upgrades so hopefully the price seems right. $7500. PM me if you have questions. I would be happy to help ship if the buyer wants to ship on their dime. Sorry I don't have better pics but I'll snap some in the next few days and can send them on request.

It's the liquid graphite and has the following mods/upgrades:

YES 5 year transferrable warranty
Penske double clicker - stock shock included
Stiffer .90 spring and fork oil - suspension mods done by Traxxion
Ermax 25cm smoked screen
Ermax satin gray seat cowl
Graves fender eliminator
Integrated tail light - stock tail light included
Aceribis dual road handguards with integrated signals
Michelin Power Pures on front and back with about 1000 miles on them
All stock parts will be included

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm, I was expecting a little more interest in this. I've gotten a few hits on the Craigslist ad but nothing too serious. Price too high? Wondering if I'd be better off selling the shock separately so I can sell the bike for less. Thoughts?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Advertise the bike at a lower price with No mention of any upgraded shock.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just texted my two buddies that rode my bike this weekend and could not stop raving about it. We are all in Nashville.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Good Luck with the sale......it's a very nice bike and one that will make someone else very proud too.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Everyone that has ridden my bike says that it has the best throttle response of any modern bike out there. Boy are they in for a surprise. It only took me $1000 to get it that way.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Please PM with your secret $1k recipe.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Flash tune, PCV with Auto Tune, and G2 Throttle Tamer with Y200 profile, remove slack from cable. I always ride in A mode. The throttle is perfect. I can dial it on anytime, anywhere and it is smooth as silk.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, especially Doug, for letting your friends know about it. I love the bike. If I did any commuting at all on the bike, I'd keep it for sure. But all I do is ride back roads to ride so it's hard to compete with a dirtbike on street wheels. There's an Aprilia SXV550 with my name on it if I sell the FZ. And if I don't, I'll just have to suffer through keeping the FZ - poor me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there. I was holding back saying anything until I knew for sure but I'm taking a road trip from Utah to Florida and back to deliver some trailers for a friend and am interested in this bike. We will be leaving this Saturday and I should be around Nashville Monday or Tuesday.

Are there any scuffs, dings, or other cosmetic issues? If so, could you post photos? Any mechanical issues at all (past or present)? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there. I was holding back saying anything until I knew for sure but I'm taking a road trip from Utah to Florida and back to deliver some trailers for a friend and am interested in this bike. We will be leaving this Saturday and I should be around Nashville Monday or Tuesday.

Are there any scuffs, dings, or other cosmetic issues? If so, could you post photos? Any mechanical issues at all (past or present)? Thanks.
There are no issues with the bike mechanically or cosmetically. I have not had any issues with it, not even with the CCT. I can't seem to post more pictures on this thread. You can check out the ad on Nashville's Craigslist site. I found some better pics to post on that ad. The pics were taken before the shock and integrated taillight was added so you'll have to trust me on those. I just reduced the price to $7200 as I am hoping to sell by the time I pick up the Aprilia this weekend. I can wait until next week though if you're serious about it. Having a commitment to sell it sure makes the conversation go better with the wife when picking up a new bike.

If I don't sell the bike next week, I'll probably sell the aftermarket goodies separately. I hate to do it because it's a pain in the ass to swap back to stock, but I also think most buyers are going to want at least the upgraded suspension.

If seriously interested, PM me your number and I'll text you current pics.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I had a sale lined up and got cold feet. I went to load the bike up to take it to the buyer tomorrow morning and realized I'm not ready to give it up. Luckily, the buyer was cool about it. So I'll be selling my 2009 WR450F supermoto instead to make room for the Aprilia (in case anyone is interested :) ) If so, check out the Craigslist ad in Nashville.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I had a sale lined up and got cold feet. I went to load the bike up to take it to the buyer tomorrow morning and realized I'm not ready to give it up. Luckily, the buyer was cool about it. So I'll be selling my 2009 WR450F supermoto instead to make room for the Aprilia (in case anyone is interested :) ) If so, check out the Craigslist ad in Nashville.
Good. Im glad you got cold feet.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My friends did not respond. You know how that goes. I have seen you around on the WR450. I live by the entrance of the Natchez Trace Parkway, and tooled around on my old tricked out WR250R and red CBR954RR all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts