Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice color fo sho

·
Registered
235 Posts
The wheel color code is 1329 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic (DPBM15) same as on the FZ8.. you can paint to match with this RS Motorbike Paint Online Store

Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fz9rider,

For the paint you listed, is this something that can be used to paint by hand? Like with a micro brush for small detail?

Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
yes it looks like they have small touch up bottles available similar to those touch up pens you'd find at a parts store.. along with the ready to use aerosol for large touch up or trim pieces and larger bottles for mixing into an actual paint gun for full respray.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I sent a message today to colorright.com I believe they are the premier paint match company they actually use Yamaha's paint codes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I sent a message today to colorright.com I believe they are the premier paint match company they actually use Yamaha's paint codes.
I've used them before and really like there paint.. the paint code for the wheels and all the body paint codes I listed in the Paint Match thread are all Yamaha paint codes. also any automotive body shop can "scan" match paint as well as access motorcycle paint codes.. I had some pieces from my ER-6n (candy plasma blue) painted at the collision center at the toyota dealership i work for and they just looked it up in there system.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thats cool i want to paint the air vent covers that blurple color

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thats cool i want to paint the air vent covers that blurple color
that should look good.. I want to paint the tail side covers the same gray as the tank and then I'm having the front fender, air vents, and rear hugger re-done in carbon fiber.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
354 Posts
I like what you're going to do with the tail covers. I want to install LED turn signals with the carbon fiber ones but I want an exact match as far as bolting it up have you found anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been looking but nothing of similar size and style yet

·
Registered
347 Posts
Glad you guys are working on this. Only 350 miles in and I have a couple of rock chips already.

Minuscule, but you know.... Brand new perfect bike.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: AzSportBiker

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bumping this...

I'm in desperate need of being able to fix this.. I have Colorrite.com hoping to help me out... They've taken the Yamaha codes of DPBM15 color code 1329 and will call me back... but on their system the code 1329 is just coming up as a base and not a color. I will also call Yamaha Motors out in California, and see if they're able to help... So far its not looking good...

scratch.JPG

1 - 20 of 39 Posts