Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a few pulls, against another bike, for comparison?

Once you master 1st, and 2nd gear, these bikes are very quick, to the "Ton".

Not talking about magazines performance #'s, real world run-offs.

Let's hear it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I snapped off at a light with one of those Honda CB500f's. He kept up with me more than I imagined but I still pulled on him up till 80. Once I hit 80 or so I had to back-off and he zoomed by, It was on PCH and I know better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I snapped off at a light with one of those Honda CB500f's. He kept up with me more than I imagined but I still pulled on him up till 80. Once I hit 80 or so I had to back-off and he zoomed by, It was on PCH and I know better.
You know he's gonna brag to all his buds the he hung with a 09 and then blew past it at 80. Probably all over the Honda forums now as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know he's gonna brag to all his buds the he hung with a 09 and then blew past it at 80. Probably all over the Honda forums now as well.
I actually tried looking for his thread, couldn't find it. It's fine if he brags, I smoked him until I pulled back. There was no way was I gonna chance getting pulled over for racing on PCH, the Police take that stuff very seriously.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Pulled on a Harley from a stoplight. He took me off the line for about 100 yards but then I slowly reeled him back in and after 100 more yards I blew his chrome off and he couldn't keep up. I got tired of pedaling and let him go after that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yesterday I was headed South on PCH. I turned onto Newport coast drive. This is a modern multi lane express way with 55 speed limit. Anyway, I turned left to go up this big hill on Newport coast drive when a cruiser bike came right up beside me in the next lane. He rode beside me for just a second then started to pass me. WTF? Cant have that. It's On! Guy obviously wanted to see if i could run with him. No cars ahead so I down shifted and pinned the throttle. Thought I would blow the guy off the road but he stayed right with me for a half mile. I was absolutely shocked how fast that cruiser took off. I saw a 106 logo on the side of the engine. Turns out it was a Victory 8 ball. 8 valve vtwin 1730 cc engine with 110 ft lbs of torque not to mention 92 horsepower. When I hit the big sweeping turns at 95 mph the guy must have backed off. Very reckless and dumb but testosterone and adrenaline can make you do crazy things.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Huh? That bike has 25-30 ft-lbs of torque and tops out at 45hp, if he was keeping up with you I'm either disappointed at the performance of the 09 or your riding, LOL. j/k with you rad, but seriously are you sure that was a cb500f?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've ran against a semi heavily modded r6 and a stock one.. both buddies and both from gears 2-6 up to 132 on the freeway lol I jump 2 bikes everytimr and hold for a sec but the modded one creeps when I have to shift (I'm hitting 4th before he hits 3rd) and the stock one I can hold steady till 120ish and he creeps

Destroyed a few Harleys in unicycle mode lol and a bunch of cars haha it's awesome to see people's faces when u passing them doing a wheelie... Priceless :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have not raced anyone, but I imagine the FZ's strength would be 0-60 or in the twisties....not a roll on at highway speeds.

X2 on the cbr500, my wife has one (R)....I spend a lot of time waiting.:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
X2 on the cbr500, my wife has one (R)....I spend a lot of time waiting.:cool:
Huh? That bike has 25-30 ft-lbs of torque and tops out at 45hp, if he was keeping up with you I'm either disappointed at the performance of the 09 or your riding, LOL. j/k with you rad, but seriously are you sure that was a cb500f?

C'mon guys, my second post states that I smoked him!

I should have been more clear, I ripped the paint off his [email protected]#ING bike! Seriously though, I must have had 50-60 feet on him realized it wasn't worth it at that point.

All's well, this is the internet, flame on if you'd like...:cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
C'mon guys, my second post states that I smoked him!

I should have been more clear, I ripped the paint off his [email protected]#ING bike! Seriously though, I must have had 50-60 feet on him realized it wasn't worth it at that point.

All's well, this is the internet, flame on if you'd like...:cool:
Sorry, the part about hanging better than expected made me giggle. No offense intended

·
Registered
276 Posts
Buddy's gixer750. All the go fast goodies(he owns strawberry farm)
I had to be basically on the very front edge of the seat. Crouch touching the tank. Plenty of clutch coming out.
He is the better rider. We did four runs. It was anybodies game to 90/100. Tic for tat.
After my top of third.... Bye-by Zuk.
I am not a real competitive person, but like seeing how my bike goes.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Awhile back a forum member took his 09 to the drag races, there's a thread about it. Ran against that hot BMW Super Bike, I forget the details but the 09 did well the first 1/8th.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I'd like to see how much hidden power this bike has untapped. Some good head work, port matching and tuning could produce some good results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts