Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I modded another one of these stock exhausts just like I did in this thread (Gmtech's FREE, ON BIKE Stock Muffler Mod!). The exhaust has less than 500 miles on it, it came off a brand new 2020 MT-09. I'm going to sell it, but obviously would prefer it was someone local since it would be kind of a pain to ship. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The exhaust sounds amazing, very clean and not obnoxiously loud whatsoever. It's right between the sewing machine stock sound level and an Akrapovic Carbon system with the insert in it. It's truly what the bike should have sounded like stock.

I'd sell it two different ways, either with your decent condition stock exhaust in exchange for $200 or you keep your exhaust and buy it outright for $375. (Dropped the $375 to $250.)

Here's some pics, in case anyone forgot what a stock exhaust looks like. lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmmm. Too expensive? It's hard to judge the value of stuff like this. How about $250 instead of $375? It seems like a stock exhaust with almost no miles and with a legal cat converter would be worth more but I guess not. If they ever ended up doing smog inspections on street bikes I guess it would be different.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmmmm. Too expensive? It's hard to judge the value of stuff like this. How about $250 instead of $375? It seems like a stock exhaust with almost no miles and with a legal cat converter would be worth more but I guess not. If they ever ended up doing smog inspections on street bikes I guess it would be different.

Thanks guys!
Sorry I live north of LA. And that lunch box thing in the back of the exhaust has ONLY ONE FUNCTION. To be thrown in trash can after one cuts it off!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts