Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found a swing arm mounted license plate relocator i saw one before but i would like to see it on the fz to make sure i liked it??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i wasn't sure about it but i saw a picture on here a while ago with someone who had it and it looked alright and i can't find then post again to check it out..

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
This has nothing to do with what you are asking for, but it reminded me of a time that I saw this really good looking blond gal in her early 30's riding a sportster (she had stopped at our motorcycle dealership where I worked.) She backed the bike into the parking spot and on the rear of the bike was her license plate.......BLOND 6..............mounted upside down!!! I asked her about it and she said that she thought that it was funny.....being blond and all. After talking to her for a short time, she was definitely NOT a typical blond space queen......she was a registered nurse and a college graduate on top of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
only pic i had on my phone at the moment. got it cheap from ebay and tossed it on. Haven't decided on it yet honestly. I like that from the back the tail is super clean, and going with the integrated rear light means it will look just like this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It didn't really seem like there was room on the other side when i looked at it. I think at least with this mount that it would have hit the wheel on the right side.

·
Registered
235 Posts
only pic i had on my phone at the moment. got it cheap from ebay and tossed it on. Haven't decided on it yet honestly. I like that from the back the tail is super clean, and going with the integrated rear light means it will look just like this.

I've been thinking about that setup as well.. Does it sit under the axle nut or secured with seperate hardware? Do they offer curved led's so it's fully lit?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Make sure you run all your prospective mods past Niner before utilization. His opinion of what is gosh should be your utmost priority.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
maybe stating the obvious here, but most license plate relocation on bikes are illegal in many states. If you care about that, you might want to do a google search to see if it's legal in your state. From what i've read, most relocation's are illegal, almost all mods that turn the license plate vertical are definitely illegal.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Also, in most states it's illegal to have the plate mounted in a way that it is not clearly visible from either side of the vehicle.

Just glancing at that pic, I can see at least 5 things you would get a ticket for in California.

·
Registered
30 Posts
maybe stating the obvious here, but most license plate relocation on bikes are illegal in many states. If you care about that, you might want to do a google search to see if it's legal in your state. From what i've read, most relocation's are illegal, almost all mods that turn the license plate vertical are definitely illegal.
In all honesty i don't care haha. i like the way it looks so I'm going to see how long i can get away with it. I have friends that you can only see their plate from staring at the side of the bike and they haven't had an issue. On my last supermoto i had, you couldn't make the plate out from more than 2 feet away with the angle that it was on. Never had an issue either.

Also, in most states it's illegal to have the plate mounted in a way that it is not clearly visible from either side of the vehicle.

Just glancing at that pic, I can see at least 5 things you would get a ticket for in California.
And this is one of the reasons i love michigan! No vehicle checks for pointless things like cats and mufflers lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts