Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over yesterday for a wheely, got a ticket for invalid license plate location. Can’t complain really, but I’m wondering where it’s legal to mount and what the law states? Mine is under my fender, not too far back. I have a light on it and blinkers to either side of the plate tucked underneath the fender too. Said my blinkers are legal, but not the plate. He stated the plate has to be out in the open and I tried not to ask too many questions. It’s definitely easily visible from the back if you got behind me in a car.

I would love to hear that it’s a legal location for the plate and he was just cutting me a break on reckless driving, but I’m not sure.
Can anyone comment? I’m in CA thanks.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Have to check with your state laws, because each state will differ. Then, there's the matter of how strict they are when it comes to enforcing those laws. A pic of your plate may give us an idea, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have bothered you about your plate if he hadn't caught you pulling a wheelie...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, he was cutting you a huge break. Reckless driving would have been expensive...not only the ticket and points but your insurance rates likely would have jumped. Count your blessings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah no kidding, I am very grateful of course. Just wondering if I should keep the plate where it is and go get the fix it ticket signed off. Let me upload a pic a little later and you can give me your opinion.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Whenever you alter ANY "Factory D.O.T" equipment, your usually in violation of motor vehicle laws in most states. Like stated above, depends on the officer and you deffinaly got lucky this time.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
isn't it no less than 12" from the ground to no more than 60" above...? no obstructions, visible/clearly seen...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Two pieces of 3M double sided tape for a sick looking plate mount. I have never had a problem with the cops.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you stick it to your forehead???
Did you even read the OP????
I'm just screwing around brotha, the popo just wrote him a ticket to give him a break. He won't have trouble with that plate I'm sure. He could leave it how it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts