Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that my levers have a fair amount of play up and down vertically and I'd like to know of there are any fixes for this. They're Pazzo shorties and the Yamaha dealer installed them for me before I picked up my bike 3 weeks ago. I don't know if it's my imagination or reality but I swear the play has gotten worse in the 3 weeks I've had the bike. Is this a common issue and are there solutions to minimize or stop this free play completely?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
The only thing that I can think of would be to find some thin, brass shim material and cut some small pieces that will fit into the bushing that the bolts go through and put them in there......effectively making a small opening for the bolt that holds your levers in place. That's all I got, maybe someone else will come up with something else.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am not sure if it is an issue with the bushing diameter or that the levers are thiner than stock.

Did you try to tighten the lever nuts ? Don't force anything, but I did find that did the trick for me with my Mad Hornets. You should know that the stock levers have some up/down play too.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
473 Posts
Did they give you back your OEM levers? If so I would measure the OEM bushing and compare to your aftermarket lever pivot bushing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is normal, and I agree, it sucks. Especially for us ocd types who worry about lever play..I'm laughing with you, not at you. Notice too, it is a lever..duh...no, really....Any play at the pivot, which is minimal, is exaggerated once it gets to the tip of the lever. It is exaggerated with pazzo since they are built to such an exact standard, and the perch is not.

On the dirt bikes, many of the aftermarket perches offer a ball bearing that the bolt pivots on.

Back in 06, Yamaha had a GYTR clutch perch that would work on an r6. I dont know if it included the starter switch, though. It was expensive.

There is nothign stopping you from using a dirt bike perch, with bearing...like this....Well, the starter switch thing, but...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ection_Pro_Perch_Clutch_Lever_Assembly_--.jpg

These sound like an awesome idea. You do notice the levers wont wiggle up and down.

I'll say it like this.....I was way into my Yz250, and ended up with a lot of odd, and unique pieces. I actually own a lever and gytr perch that was from team Yamaha in 2004. GYTR ball bearing lever, custom perch, and quick adjust. It would drop right on to my bike. I've never even bothered doing so. Sounds awesome, but you'll never know the difference if it wiggles, or does not.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did they give you back your OEM levers? If so I would measure the OEM bushing and compare to your aftermarket lever pivot bushing.
I still have the oem levers. I assumed that they used the original bushings.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I found my Chazzo's to have just a little more play than the stock ones. The stock ones were for sure not free of play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts