Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know about handguards and I think it's safe to say the FZ looks kick ass with or with out them
But!! What about "lever guards?" I've been looking into getting a set. Testing the water first before I drop some $ to see if anyone else is running these or thinking about getting some?
Here's some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have seem them but in reality I don't see a use on the street besides aesthetics. I think they stem from racing to stop other bikes jamming on the brake or your clutch. There cool though, depends on price for me which has been a tad high and the reason why I haven't got them.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Handguards are more functional... Block the wind and rain, help keep your hands warm once the temp starts dropping. I need to pick some up... Go nice with heated grips!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have seen them but wonder how good they work. If you do have a spill, being only mounted on the bar end, won't they just spin around the bar and leave you lever unprotected?

I think a good set of hand guards would work better. I've used them on dirt bikes and they work great.

And the SW-Motech Kobra's look pretty good, but they are not cheap either.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
and I don't think lever guards would punch through a car mirror quite as effectively as barkbusters do when lanesplitting.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I love my barkbusters in the winters- not so much in the summers when I need some wind flowing but it has helped save the levers when I was doored onc- and these are single mount ones.
Anyone try the OEM ones? called knuckle guards- they look trick!

·
Registered
165 Posts
We all know about handguards and I think it's safe to say the FZ looks kick ass with or with out them
But!! What about "lever guards?" I've been looking into getting a set. Testing the water first before I drop some $ to see if anyone else is running these or thinking about getting some?
Here's some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to what end? the point of those things is to stop the brake being applied if you tag the back of another bike. any use on the road? not IMO. the knuckle guards look nice but barkbusters give more protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.