Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice job!....so what do you think about the bike now after the track test and all the talk about suspension, fuelling and braking issues?....you must have been aware of the bikes repoted weakness as well as it strengths...so whadda u think?:indecisiveness:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a novice rider, I was still faster than other riders in later sessions.
I never pushed hard on the brakes since I was concentrating on practicing cornering skills. They were plenty strong when I needed them.
Suspension was fine for my level of riding and wt. Geared I weigh 160lbs tops.
Throttle was annoying at times but with a little concentration was manageable.

Considering what I paid and what bike was designed to be, I love it. Wish people would stop comparing it to bikes such as R1 and R6.

On a side note, a rider on a R1 was complementing me on how I would just pull away after each turn. He was even more surprised when I told him I never bother to shift lower than 3rd gear.

·
Registered
429 Posts
that looks crazy fun. You say it was the first time on the track, did you have an instructor?

·
Registered
835 Posts
On a side note, a rider on a R1 was complementing me on how I would just pull away after each turn. He was even more surprised when I told him I never bother to shift lower than 3rd gear.
Say whaaa?

My local track has two tight hairpins and I've debated about staying in 2nd instead of being in 1st to take those. I do like pulling the front wheel up coming out of a hairpin though...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Thanks for the report and congrats on your first track day.

Please post a link to the track day organization for other people thinking of doing a track day. How much teaching/advice was there for track newbies?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the report and congrats on your first track day.

Please post a link to the track day organization for other people thinking of doing a track day. How much teaching/advice was there for track newbies?
Fastrack Riders

If your not paying for the course, they have many instructors on hand that you can ask for advise or have them follow you and give pointers for free. They get a free track day and you get to learn from them. Win win!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts