Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 785 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the look except for one thing.
The rear seat cover stickers are too small and leave some of the aluminum color around the edges.
It needs to mimic the color scheme of the tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The clip ons are Woodcraft Racing for the FZ-09. They fit perfectly. Love the feel. Not sure which position I like better yet. You can mount them either up an inch or down an inch. They also make 1.5 inch and 2 inch risers.

You will have to tweak the cables a tiny bit but everything just bolted right up. Im going to test a set of 1.5 inch risers in a few days and I'll post pics and thoughts here as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man, I'm jealous of the weather you guys have. Green grass, palm trees, t-shirts... Mother nature dumped 8" of white BS on us a couple days ago and it was a brisk 9F on my way to work yesterday! I've gotten to ride a total of 75' since I brought mine home, from the driveway to the garage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The rear seat cover stickers are too small and leave some of the aluminum color around the edges.

B Gordon, agree with you 100%. This is the first seat cowl that I have seen for the 60th, why in the world does it not align with and match the tank graphic?

·
Registered
23 Posts

B Gordon, agree with you 100%. This is the first seat cowl that I have seen for the 60th, why in the world does it not align with and match the tank graphic?
The reason is that the seat cowl is identical for both color options. The side panels on the 60th SHOULD be black with stickers, however they are instead both the same brushed aluminum with only the stickers added for color on the anniversary which indicates some short cuts were taken on the manufacturing of this aesthetic part.

If i'd bought the 60th as I'd first planned, I would have the side panels on the seat cowl painted black and then just skip the stickers (like I did on my Garage Metal model) or at most drop a small bit of yellow onto it.

One more reason the brushed metal was the right call...

Boom!

1 - 20 of 785 Posts