Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I see you decided to remove the tank, I just put some towels down and put it on the tail. What are you working on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My ECU comes back tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how it changes things!
Completely changes the bike. It’s much smoother now and has more power. I highly recommend a flash to anyone. It’s crazy the difference it makes!

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
Completely changes the bike. It’s much smoother now and has more power. I highly recommend a flash to anyone. It’s crazy the difference it makes!
I had my flash done after reading lots of reports like this. IMHO the difference wasn't that big (although I'm on a 2016 xsr not an Fz). The biggest difference I noticed was in 'a' mode, where the throttle is noticeably quicker. 'B' and 'STD' modes are smoother but it wasn't a night & day difference, much more subtle. I'm planning to meet up with Dave when he's out here on the west coast to have things tweaked a bit more.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I upgraded to a k&n filter when I did my block off plates and along with the akra ti without the baffle I knew my fueling would be off, but the big thing I'm looking forward to is the low speed smoothness. Doesnt hurt that the speed governor is gone, I'll be able to keep up with my buddies FZ10 a few more seconds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my flash done after reading lots of reports like this. IMHO the difference wasn't that big (although I'm on a 2016 xsr not an Fz). The biggest difference I noticed was in 'a' mode, where the throttle is noticeably quicker. 'B' and 'STD' modes are smoother but it wasn't a night & day difference, much more subtle. I'm planning to meet up with Dave when he's out here on the west coast to have things tweaked a bit more.
I just enjoy the low speed smoothness of the bike now. It’s not super jumpy when I’m in traffic now or rolling up to an intersection. A mode for sure has the biggest difference though, I agree.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
I just enjoy the low speed smoothness of the bike now. It’s not super jumpy when I’m in traffic now or rolling up to an intersection. A mode for sure has the biggest difference though, I agree.
I think the difference in 'smoothness' depends greatly on where you are coming from. I've read a lot of reviews that the 'snachy-ness' of the factory setup was reduced significantly in later models. On my XSR I actually find that the 'STD' mode in my flash feels less smooth at low speeds with the on/off transition, like when trying to slowly crawling through a crowded parking lot. Anything over 10mph and it feels like things are marginally smoother - mostly noticed when I have to adjust throttle mid-corner. When I spoke to Dave (via email) he recommended that I sync my TB's and check my throttle cable slack as they can both contribute to the jerky/abrupt sensation and I have not yet done the TB sync. He also offered to re-flash until I was happy, which is the primary reason I went with Vcyclenut to start with - the outstanding customer focus.

Also just to be clear I have 0 engine/exhaust mods so that also probably contributes to differences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts