Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I installed TUSK LED Turn Signal Handguards, plus I put in an LED flasher module. They look great and were very well priced. This morning they worked excellent and they take the wind off my hands just like I expected. I think it really adds to the look of the bike as well. But here is my problem.

The LEDs are only two wire, so I didn't know how to wire them for the running lights to work. So I simply ran the blinker (White wire). I insulated off the red wire, but now the Horn and running lights don't work. Do I have to connect the red wire direct to ground? I'm a little afraid to do this without asking, as I don't want to complete an unnecessary circuit and risk draining the battery, but the more I think about it, that is what I think I need to do.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have any solutions? Also, if I wanted to make the little two wire blinkers work as running lights, how would I connect them? Do I need to add some additional hardware (resisters) to the line, since if I run the white and red together, the lights just stay on all the time. That is why I decided to run only the white wires and have just flashers.

Here is how they look. photo.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I will think about these. I'm not sure I want the LEDs to work as running lights or not yet. But I am still interested in knowing if I can delete the running lights and make the horn work simply by connecting the Red to Ground to complete the circuit.

My biggest concern is getting the horn to work and the regular incandescent running lights on the headlight to turn on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Is the tail/brake light & license plate light working?

I ask because if the fuse under the right side panel blows, you have no taillight, brakelight, plate light, horn, or the running lights in the headlight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you just hit the nail on the head. I didn't realized, but the tail light is out as well. Blinkers working, no tail lights. Which fuse is this? by right side panel, do you mean behind the intake housing on the right side?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yes, sorry, behind the fake air scoop on the right hand side of the gas tank. The fuse for those lights is in there. I think it's labeled "signal" or "back up" I can't remember which.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bingo! Thank you buddy. I must have touched some wires together that shouldn't have when doing the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts