Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to do headlight, euro headlights, front and rear turn signals, and rear brake light all in LED. After installing them my buddy and I went to turn it in and test it and only the headlight worked. My first obvious troubleshoot was to check fuses and sure enough I'm blowing two fuses (reinstalled fuses and blew again). So the headlight didn't blow because it came with its own transformer but everything else is going straight to the battery. That's about all of my electrical knowledge definitely not my strong suit. So my question to anyone out there who is experienced with this stuff is 1. why is it happening? 2. How do I prevent whether I need to install extra stuff like inline fuse holders to the wires or what? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Not enough info. The stock brake and taillight are already LED. What did you change?

As for your turnsignals how did you connect them? Did you connect them to the oem connectors? What about the driving light circuit in the oem front turnsignals.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Check the polarity...led's only work when hooked up 1 way, Unlike incandescent bulbs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Different board and shape, but it came with the oem connection in the rear so it was a simple bolt and plug in. The rest all required cutting off the oem connectors and splicing it in. Rear indicators came with black and yellow cord for both. So assuming that black is neg and yellow is pos I spliced the yellow to the tan I believe it was and black to black on both of the oem wiring. The front was tricky though the headlight works fine except for the euro style turn signals which came with black and red wiring so I connected the red to the blue and the black to the black. The front turn signals came with two wires though and and the bike has three, green, tan, and black. The kit has red and black so out if the green and tan which is the running light because I believe we crossed those ones together

1 - 5 of 5 Posts