Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i just ordered a pair for 5 bucks you can't go wrong with the ingenious mounting even if they suck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
this is brilliant, assumign they hook right into the existing plate light connector? Dumb question but given the OEM plate light is just 1 light vs. this is 2 did you just splice them together?
Yeah, I just spliced them together. I spliced both red wires into a single wire with a male crimp on bullet and both black wires into a single wire with a male crimp on bullet. I twisted the wires together and just used a heat shrink on them to hold them together. That way I can still plug and unplug them from the tail light harness and just cut the heat shrinks if I ever need to remove/replace them. I actually used wires with female crimp on bullets and crushed them into males.
View attachment 3862 View attachment 3863

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yeah, I just spliced them together. I spliced both red wires into a single wire with a male crimp on bullet and both black wires into a single wire with a male crimp on bullet. I twisted the wires together and just used a heat shrink on them to hold them together. That way I can still plug and unplug them from the tail light harness and just cut the heat shrinks if I ever need to remove/replace them. I actually used wires with female crimp on bullets and crushed them into males.
View attachment 3862
right on thanks for sharing - pumped to install these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts