Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

ever since buying my MT09 i've always wanted to put a set of small LED lights in behind the false air intakes.
my solution is a pair of LED screw lights designed to put on your licence plate :)

20150304_132425_resized.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dude I'm on it .I git some led lights of Amazon and t10!sockets and oem plugs . Waiting for the soldering iron to wire it up.
I'm gonna put 2 lights in each scoop and thinking about gluing tin foil on plate behind scoop to make it briter.
I just got my licence plate lights today and they aren't nearly as bright as the other LEDs I got .
I'll post it when I'm done , maybe do a how to .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Damm
What you got in there?
I've got Amber led jtech lights of Amazon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Dpak,

What light are you using in the air scoop? That pic makes it look super bright. Is it really that bright or just an illusion.?

Got any more pics?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hyper lites,$119 bucks comes with a toggle switch , all wiring & connecters. YES they are annoyingly bright they call them be seen lights.

Yea they were easy to do. Take off scoop covers & gas tank use dremell tool to remove the plastic so the fork bracket fits inside.

Buy some 3m super strength molding tape. (you'll need extra)

Bend fork brackets so they contour the back side of the scoop before sticking them on with two way tape.

Clean surfaces with alcohol and start sticking fork bracket and lights in place.(fork brackets help build up a flat spot to stick the lights to and position them straight)

I cut mesh covers with tin snips so it wouldn't cut down any light, but this isn't necessary.

Wiring just follow directions with hyper white package.(I hooked into the battery directly with a 1amp fuse so I could turn them on independently with toggle)

I also hid toggle switch behind the cluster cause that has a annoyingly bright red led to!

With the extra tape if you don't like it pull it off and do it till you do.

WIN_20150311_102700.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
806 Posts
Your welcome Upsidedown, I cant say that was my idea someone on here came up with lights inside the scoops. I saw the Hyperlites on here so I ordered the tail lights to. I didn't like how they mounted to the forks. So I took off the scoop cover and that's when I figured out that fork bracket fits in there almost like it was made for it. (just a piece of brushed stainless steel) I bent it to fit the contour some more 3m sticky tape then there out of the way. You can hardy see them when there not lit up and no one can !#%
with them inside there.
Like the ad said they don't cast a beam. But they do put off a lot of light in the immediate area in front of the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts