Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might have seen we installed an led headlight in our donor bike. Problem is it was raining day/night when we installed the light so we didn't get a chance to do any before pictures of the light output. Here are some pictures we did get when installed. We are looking for some honest reviews of the led light, based on price/install and visibility after installed. I am willing to try this on this new forum to us. We have done this before on other forums and had some that take advantage of the deal and don't give any feedback at all. We would love to get a review on this if possible even just a comment would be great.

I will discount these lights for 5 orders. After the five orders are purchased the coupon code will no longer be valid. Code to use is LED
All caps. Led is completely plug n play. Any questions please let me know.

You can go directly to the LED bulb to purchase here.
Yamaha FZ-09 Led headlight bulb

IMG_8985.jpg
IMG_8986.jpg
IMG_8987.JPG
IMG_8988.JPG

·
Registered
110 Posts
ordered!

Reactions: tripage

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
damn..missed the coupon ...:(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interested to see the reviews and possibly purchasing this during these cold winter months...i've got time to do some modifications...and LED headlight was on my todo list.

If those of you, which purchased this LED care to chime in now on your experience ;)

Reactions: tripage

·
Registered
883 Posts
Tristan,

You must have launched this with a rocket, flew a drone to my home, or something...

From Florida to Maryland... the LED headlight is here already! :D

The box says US Postal Service, but still... wow. Thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Even though the northeastern USA snow storm made a mess of things, specifically roads, I couldn't wait to have a look...

My area of Maryland didn't get a lot of snow compared to areas closer to the east coast, but the roads here still have a fair amount of snow and ice. Going to be a few days before the LED installation hits the road, unfortunately. Next picture, package out of the box. Looking good...

Trinity has a couple of TripageLED products on board, and I have come to expect a high level of quality and workmanship. For the headlight LED, although a visual only since nothing is connected yet, my first impression is Tristan nailed it again.

Never opened a motorcycle headlight before, so I'm looking forward to some quality time with the service manual.

More later...

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey Tripage, quick question for you. I run a Kisan strobe on my headlight. Will your LED play nice with the strobe module?
We are looking at this very option. I believe it will "play nice" I think it all depends on how the strobe is creating the strobe. I need to look into each individual ones and see if this will work. I might have to pick up a couple if they don't specify how they function to test them.

I can do some bench testing to see if 100% and 17% of power will work as the kisan strobe says it uses to create the flash. You have cut one wire version?

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even though the northeastern USA snow storm made a mess of things, specifically roads, I couldn't wait to have a look...

My area of Maryland didn't get a lot of snow compared to areas closer to the east coast, but the roads here still have a fair amount of snow and ice. Going to be a few days before the LED installation hits the road, unfortunately. Next picture, package out of the box. Looking good...

Trinity has a couple of TripageLED products on board, and I have come to expect a high level of quality and workmanship. For the headlight LED, although a visual only since nothing is connected yet, my first impression is Tristan nailed it again.

Never opened a motorcycle headlight before, so I'm looking forward to some quality time with the service manual.

More later...

No need to open the headlight, just remove the headlight take out the bulb and put the new led in it's place. Very easy to do. Should only take about 10 minutes to install. Probably takes longer to remove the headlight from the bike.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts