Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lean Angle Jeans

Anybody tried these jeans?

Fully lined - 100% Kevlar with Knee/Hip protection. They don't look too bad...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
the creator used to be (maybe still is) part of the SV650 community. Nice guy. In terms of the price - and from the reviews i've read - they are good - but A* and others offer similar quality for less. Something to be said about supporting an American Entrepreneur though...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. Yes, I saw them over at SVRider.

I'll check out the A*s

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i have these - kevlar enforced in knees and seat - CE removable armor in the knees and shins. There are velcro hip pads that won't provide any kind of protection in a fall - i took these out.

Alpinestars Resist Riding Jeans - RevZilla

Lean Angles are lined head to toe with kevlar and i believe he uses forcefield armor (i've heard it's very good quality). If i'm accepting the risk of riding jeans - A* for me were enough and at a good price.

It's funny i just got a pair of AGV leather riding pants for the same price as the A* denim and they offer a lot more protection (obviously 2 very different riding applications) but crazy to see how expensive these jeans are getting.

Reactions: DTM74

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Lean Angle Jeans look good but certainly not cheap.:(

The only worthwhile (budget) Kevlar Jeans with knee pads seem to be at Cycle Gear.....often on sale for $69., down from $99.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wow, they are pricey but seem to have good protection. My waterproof overpants with full side zippers and more abrasion resistance is cheaper than that too!

I like how the AGV Corsica fit me- kind of slim and fitted. Yesterday I received jeans from a new-to-the-US company- Mottowear.
Pretty good fit for me and the inside is as cool as the outside. Very soft and comfortable denim. Sas-tech armor is a big plus.

I think for someone looking for something that screams motorcycle, fits well and has a decent price, S&S Rust & redemption is a great option- looks like a uglybros without the price tag.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I have some old Cycle Gear Contechs??...not bad, knee protection is decent. But not 100% lined.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
yeah, I have some old Cycle Gear Contechs??...not bad, knee protection is decent. But not 100% lined.
Correct.

I'll spend more on a helmet because I know I don't have a sub $200 head -- I've got a $550 head whereas I'm told I don't have a $500 ass....they say I've got a $69 ass:p

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Actually, I feel wearing MX knee/shin guards under kevlar lined jeans (if space allows) is a bit safer than just the jeans and knee pads. After having seen a friend being t-boned on his shin in front of me while I had the fox protectors under my jeans- I felt he really could have done with those instead of me. 4 clean breaks on that leg. Even a leather suit or a armored overpant would not have stopped that.

·
Registered
806 Posts
They look similar to scorpion pro covert jeans except the coverts don't have Kevlar in the calf section and to the cuff. But there around 100$cheaper.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a pair of dainese evo jeans . I haven't crashed em yet but I like em cuz my mx knee pads fit in the pockets . The hip protection lacks but I'll either have some larger pockets made or use armored shorts . it would be nice if they had a small elastic stretch v at bottom of the leg as it's difficult to get them around my sidi air boots .

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I rode out to the Diamond Gussett Outlet twenty minutes from my house and picked up a pair of Kevlar Jeans. It is great to be able to support a local company, and I love the fit of their jeans. The front pocket has a velcro stay, as well as the cuffs. There is not an ample amount of Kevlar like my Draggin Jeans, but enough in the critical areas. Also, I love their heavy weight dark Lynchburg six pocket jeans. I am converting over from the grossly overpriced and poor quality Levi's to these jeans. Score one for the local guys.

20150815_164558-picsay.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts