Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just bought my FZ09 two days ago.

And both days overnight i found this on the floor.

I think is coming from the two tubes that are open but i dont know what it is.

Thank you.

Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
555 Posts
Overflow/vent hoses. One is for the fuel tank and I cant remember the other. But normal yes........as long as it doesnt happen every day. Mine did it for a few days after I picked it up too. Mine was simply fuel. Will happen more often if your bike sits in sun or gets hot whilst sitting.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Might be a good idea to check your engine oil level also. Mine a bit overfilled when new. Make sure the bike is straight up and down and have someone hold it for you if you have to. Just a slight lean left or right will throw off the oil level in the sight glass.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The tank has 2 drain tubes connected to it, one for excess fuel and the other to drain water around the gas cap.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sitting in the sun with a full (or full-ish) tank? No California evap recovery system? Normal to have gas drip a bit.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Maybe this is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Where do you live?

Was the bike in the rain?

One of those hoses is the fuel tank overflow.

The other hose is the drain in the area/space under the gas cap beauty ring/mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The bike is sitting in the sun hole day and happend again today.

It also had some rain but i have a cover on it.

:(

So this is Gas evaporating and then going into the hose?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The bike is sitting in the sun hole day and happend again today.

It also had some rain but i have a cover on it.

:(

So this is Gas evaporating and then going into the hose?
Pretty much. Any evaporating gas needs somewhere to go. And that seems to be on the ground lol. Try not to park in full sun regardless..................not good for the longevity of the paintwork or plastics. Sun will eat away the lustre.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anywone have relocate this ugly hoses, i will install Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ-09 Sprocket Cover and want to relocate this hoses, the only place a find to relocate it was in the hole around the rear shock but under it, its the exhaust... but on the Graves pic, they dont have this hoses around the cover.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Put your finger into it and smell it. Taste it if you have to. Water condensation, gas, antifreeze, or oil - you'll be able to tell. Don't fill your tank completely and then park it, make sure your oil is at or below the full mark. A warm engine will condense water onto it in cold air, especially under a cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts