Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a two precut LCD polarizing filters to sell. When I did mine the sheet was large enough to make extra. High quality polarizing film hard coated anti glare made for LCD screens. This will make your display black in the sun and a dark Navy blue at night. The camera pics do not capture true darkness of the blue.
Just like installing a smartphone screen protector it is important that the display be dust and debris free. Search online for the install video. Warm display in the sun helps greatly to loosen adhesive.
Instead of pulling the old polarizer off I used the edge of a credit card to lift from display.
I used paint thinner vs rubbing alcohol to remove adhesive.
15 dollars each includes first class shipping USA.
PayPal payment only.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why did you use paint thinner instead of rubbing alcohol?

FWIW, I bought a clear screen protector from Speedo-Angels.com. The install was straightforward and it looked fine. However, this spring when I pulled the cover off the bike, I noticed the screen protector surface had a weird crazing on it. I use Honda Spray Polish & Cleaner and wonder if something in it attacked the plastic. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a two precut LCD polarizing filters to sell. When I did mine the sheet was large enough to make extra. High quality polarizing film hard coated anti glare made for LCD screens. This will make your display balck in the sun and a dark Navy blue at night. The camera pics do not capture true darkness of the blue.
Just like installing a smartphone screen protector it is important that the display be dust and debris free. Search online for the install video. Warm display in the sun helps greatly to loosen adhesive.
Instead of pulling the old polarizer off I used the edge of a credit card to lift from display.
I used paint thinner vs rubbing alcohol to remove adhesive.
15 dollars each includes first class shipping USA.
PayPal payment only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts