Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

I installed the LCD flip from ColorClusterz a week ago with no issues and followed their instructions. It turned out perfect with no issues or bubbles in the film. I went on a ride yesterday and started noticing this halo effect where the outer edges of the screen are lighter while the center is darker. I thought it odd and took apart the cluster tonight to see if maybe the polarizing film was pulling away from the screen or bubbles were forming; however, after examining the film closely, it was perfectly adhered to the LCD screen and there is no visible issue until I plug the cluster back into the bike and turn it on. Has anyone else who did this LCD flip DIY project on their bike encountered this phenomenon or can explain what it is? Want to ask for help here before I order another polarizing film to isolate if it is the film or the LCD screen. The issue doesn’t bug me enough to warrant replacing the entire LCD cluster (if it is the LCD).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts