Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unexpectedly warm Sunday in November...
Motorcycle riding daughter home from college...
Motorcycles in the garage, ready to roll...
Opportunity taken...

With so many things a college student could be doing, she immediately got ready to ride when I mentioned the idea to her on Sunday. Out came the FZ-09 and the TU250X, and we had a great afternoon riding adventure together.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: redeye

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Very cool!

Reactions: redeye

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, enjoy while you can. I had about 2 years with my daughter. Then she got married and moved to L.A. Kept her GS500 for a couple of years so she could go for a ride when she visited, but the visits got fewer and shorter.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's cool. I just taught my daughter how to ride. The same bike my son rode. The funny thing was she never fell over on it at all. Fz700s. My son, fell over twice. I would have never guessed that she did better than him because he has been riding dirt bikes since he was 6. He is now 24 and she is 18. Maybe there is some truth to the saying that women are better listeners or maybe us guys are just more stubborn. She wants to ride my fz 09, I just think it's a bit too much bike for her. I am getting the same thing with the daughter getting more distant (damn boyfriends). Lol. They can't be daddy's little girl forever I guess.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's cool. I just taught my daughter how to ride. The same bike my son rode. The funny thing was she never fell over on it at all. Fz700s. My son, fell over twice. I would have never guessed that she did better than him because he has been riding dirt bikes since he was 6. He is now 24 and she is 18. Maybe there is some truth to the saying that women are better listeners or maybe us guys are just more stubborn. She wants to ride my fz 09, I just think it's a bit too much bike for her. I am getting the same thing with the daughter getting more distant (damn boyfriends). Lol. They can't be daddy's little girl forever I guess.
Ain't it the truth. My kids are happy & healthy but much older. It's like the people they used to be just disappeared. The good part is we have grandkids to keep us distracted.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nothing better than riding with your kids- I did it last week at Laguna Seca with my son, Chris. He's the one in front- I can't keep up with him although I did keep him in sight for almost two laps (he was stuck behind a few slower riders who were difficult to pass...). My knee pucks are pristine. His are ground down, as are his boots.
LS-11-3-14-Chris-Me-Turn5.jpg

By the way, same "kid" who is on my Hawk GT in my avatar picture from 20 years ago...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Riding with your kids is great. I got to dirt bike with my son for a few years before he went into the Air Force.

Noticed you have fine eye for color. I got a red one too.

Cannot believe Yamaha dropped red from their 2015 line up. Wassup with that...are they stupid or what?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I started on the street at 17, and had only ridden dirt once or twice before the kids asked for a dirt bike for Christmas back in '96. Of course I had to get one then, then it was one for each of them (just 2 kids), then one for my wife so we were all riding from '97. Great family time to be honest. My son got his first street bike in 2006 so we've been riding together, off and on, since then. Haven't ridden dirt in a couple of years, but haven't sold the dirt bikes either...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts