Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was good to meet you guys last night. Now I have this $150 burning a hole in my pocket.
It's basically found money, so I my waste it on a completely unneeded farkle like the Giles axle/chain adjusters.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The one in Hollywood Florida runs until 9:30 or 10:00pm Tomorrow. I'm an hour North and since I had surgery Monday I'm a no show. I was looking forward to meeting some FZ owners and getting that $1500. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
The one in Hollywood Florida runs until 9:30 or 10:00pm Tomorrow. I'm an hour North and since I had surgery Monday I'm a no show. I was looking forward to meeting some FZ owners and getting that $1500. :(
$1500????? You FL guys must be special!

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I already used my money buying Rear Sets! Looking forward to this mod.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was good to meet you guys last night. Now I have this $150 burning a hole in my pocket.
It's basically found money, so I my waste it on a completely unneeded farkle like the Giles axle/chain adjusters.
Was this a Yamaha Corporation focus group?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The $150 was for FZ07 owners. You don't own an FZ07 do you?

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh Bob...really.
My group was comprised entirely of FZ09 owners. And a pleasant, well mannered and gracious bunch of fellows it was.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I understand tomorrow evening in Hollywood, FL. Two separate groups -- first the '07 group for almost two hours, then the '09 group...,ends around 9:45pm :(

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Focus group? What did I miss?
This is a bit contentious, as the tactics of the recruiter raised the ire of the forum managers and she was banned from this site. While the research company would not confirm who commissioned the study, I have no reason to believe it was any entity other than Yamaha Corporation. And Nick, I would think that the research outfit will be coming to the northeast in the future. I posted earlier today in the Southeast section of this forum merely to say how much I enjoyed meeting the other riders at last night's session. I honestly didn't think anyone outside the Southeast would take the time to read my post in the Southeast region-specific area of this forum. But when all said and done, the session was well moderated and it did pay $150 in cash.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh Bob...really.
My group was comprised entirely of FZ09 owners. And a pleasant, well mannered and gracious bunch of fellows it was.

Post deleted. I would have went myself if I knew what the "survey" was about. It was too vague and Dorene kept annoying me with PM's. Glad you had a good time.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
^^^^^ Another idiotic post.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I always check the active topics section so this came up. Just a warning to all - I'm involved in this business, while I have no affiliation nor would I report any such behavior - the commissioner of the study search for this type of stuff post interview.

No one here has said anything about the content of the groups nor do I think the purpose of this thread was to do so.

Just a warning - if they really wanted to (though unlikely) you all probably agreed to a confidentiality agreement for participating in the focus group. The commissioner of the study may take legal action if topics of confidentiality are discussed here. I personally wouldn't even post your incentive but that's just me.

Again I don't think any of that has been discussed but just a warning given I work in this space and have seen clients follow through with pursuing legal action on information leaks.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That's a blatant lie. The Atlanta focus group was for FZ07 owners ONLY. Dorene said it was for FZ07 owners only. Your PM to me said it was for FZ07 owners only. So I have to ask again...why did they pay you $150 when you don't own an FZ07? After Dorene got banned...you started posting asking for fz07 owners. You didn't ask for any FZ09 owners. Something smells.

image.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't remember signing a confidentiality agreement.. But I may be mistaken. There wasn't anything we talked about that was ground breaking. To be fair they could probably save a bunch of money by just reading post or starting a thread.

With that said I did enjoy myself and I felt like there was some good information that will be taking to the marketing department of Yamaha to hopefully develop better products.

To CD599 please do us all a favor and take two weeks off then quit.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Where's the Norcal focus group? I want $150. Where's this banned Dorene...?

Since you're spilling the beans CD599 and then quitting, whaddya talk about?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'm not trying to create a stir or anything. Just a word of caution. If there was no agreement then you're fine. Just best practice in most of these groups is to keep it tight lipped but your experience may vary.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

1 - 20 of 52 Posts