Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the Yamaha Demo event last Saturday at Cycle City in Newport News. I wanted to check out the Fz09 before buying it because I couldn't test my 2014 Honda CTX 700N before buying. I did get to test my 2002 Honda 919 as I had cash in hand and bought it used.

I'm glad I waited. This bike is sooo smooth, it's too smooth. I can only describe it as a large displacement scooter with manual transmission. It rides like an appliance and is the Camry of motorcycles. I'm sure this is a great bike for some, and i like it's looks but it isn't a motorcycle to me.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
What bike are you talking about.......the FZ09? or some other one?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
In his original post this morning, there were NO pictures. It has since been edited to add a couple.....mystery solved!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
ischul757.........If the FZ09 isn't a "motorcycle" and it's too smooth.......you need a a non softail Harley.........no worries about too smooth on that one!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What aspect of the 09 is too smooth? The torque curve? What kind of roads, pace, throttle and RPM did you try? I'm not saying it isn't smooth, but it isn't the first word I think of for the 09, that would be rocket.

If you don't want smooth then whack the throttle. But that's up to you, I don't accept any responsibility if that goes badly for you.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I've never been on any scooter that even remotely comes close to the FZ09.........of course the biggest one that I've ridden is the Honda 600 Silver Wing when I worked at the dealership selling bikes.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
With the exception of this scooter.
Yep, never ridden that one. I'd sure hate to be behind that one at Deals Gap.........it would take a fairly long straightaway to get past it, it's so long!

Reactions: NewOn2

·
Registered
220 Posts
A lot of words come to mind when I think of my FZ-09. However, smooth is not one of them. Linear, yes! Smooth, Not even remotely close to that, which I like.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm glad I waited. This bike is sooo smooth, it's too smooth. I can only describe it as a large displacement scooter with manual transmission. It rides like an appliance and is the Camry of motorcycles.
The bike you rode was obviously broken......or more likely locked in B mode...my FZ is more like a Viper , how yours was like a Camry is perplexing

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think the OP wants the Honda Goldwing Forum.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hilarious.

The guy rides a CTX 700N and calls the FZ09 a scooter.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
LOL that has an auto transmission. WTF is that guy thinking?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.