Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
35 Posts
do you think the rizoma retro bar end mirrors will fit or clamp on to this oem knuckle gaurd?

is there room for it? It looks like it is not completely round. It seems like it has been flatten in some areas.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
35 Posts
can someone help me out and take a few picture and tell me the circumference of this piece from this kit. i am trying to see if the rizoma retro mirros can clamp on to that piece. Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Being as this is a pretty old thread and I dont think I've even come across either of the guys with these guards, or anyone else really you're probably not going to get an answer.

Just a good look at it shows me it's very close to the OD of the handlebars, but in my experience trying to mount something round on something not round doesnt end well. I can see them vibrating like wild, just from the pressure not being equal around the bar end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Weird, I had that same thought a few days ago...
My Woodcraft plate adapter should be here sometime this week. I’m currently browsing the web trying to find the best deal on the knuckle guards that will ship to the US. Once I get everything I’ll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I run guards on the bars of all my bikes.

Years back I was out instructing and a stone from a passing car hit my finger hard enough to give me a spiral fracture of my middle finger.

Ones I have on the MT I got from ebay.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
35 Posts
I have a set of these available if anyone is interested. I was about to post them in the for sale section later today.
before i will consider buying those guards will the rizoma retro bar end mirrors mount on them? because i believe the spacers have multiple flat spots on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
before i will consider buying those guards will the rizoma retro bar end mirrors mount on them? because i believe the spacers have multiple flat spots on them.
I will let you know as soon as every thing arrives in the mail. I currently have the same Rizoma mirrors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I screwed my lever protectors into the bar ends that were already on there, womet-tech. I did not use the shipped mounting hardware except for the screws.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
35 Posts
these just came in the mail today. i'm going to combine these two with the turn light signals. i'll post some pic in a few days. if i dont like the setup i'll probably return the swmotech guard and go with the oem knuckle guard.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts