Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the oem hand/ knuckle protectors I think they look pretty slick and are practical also protecting from rain cold wind etc...but at a price of around €300+ here in Europe its hard to justify. After market ones I have seen are bulky/ down right ugly and don't look aesthetically pleasing as the oem just wondering has anyone got suggestions of something that looks as good as the oem and that are good quality. And that fit the 2017 FZ/MT-09. The oem ones are pictured below.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that I'll check it out, but I'll get a nice fat import tax slapped on to that here in Ireland...bringing it up near the European pricing..😣

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've literally trawled the net looking for a product with the same good looks and quality and really theres nothing...I may just have to bite the bullet and buy it here in Europe, I'll do some more enquiries regarding that Canadian site and calculate the import tax etc, thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I really like the look of those Yamaha guards, especially after seeing they're aluminum.
I originally shelled out $88 bucks for some Acerbis and then put on some $172 dollar SW Motechs.
Sadly, I can't go back for a handguard do over!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the look of those Yamaha guards, especially after seeing they're aluminum.
I originally shelled out $88 bucks for some Acerbis and then put on some $172 dollar SW Motechs.
Yeah they do look great, and I guess there the price they are because there made from aluminium, the guards you brought I have also considered, but its hard to find ones that have the same good looks as the oem.
Guess its best to just buy the originals as I'll end up spending as much buying cheaper alternatives...

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Thanks for that I'll check it out, but I'll get a nice fat import tax slapped on to that here in Ireland...bringing it up near the European pricing..��

Perhaps someone could send it privately as a gift? I got a new helmet tax free from Italy doing that.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I like your new sig. So true.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Does anyone know an online store that sells these hard-guards in the US? Tried yamahapart.com, Rocky Mnt and www.shopyamaha.com
I assume the part number is the same for all years?
Anyone install these with the Yamaha Grip warmers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just installed the factory handguards and the quality is top notch - excellent fit and finish. I recommend them.
You have me sold, I was under the impression they were plastic hence why I was looking for an alternative. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Does anyone know an online store that sells these hard-guards in the US? Tried yamahapart.com, Rocky Mnt and www.shopyamaha.com
I assume the part number is the same for all years?
Anyone install these with the Yamaha Grip warmers?
Unfortunately Yamaha is precluding US dealers from even ordering most of the optional parts, you have to buy them direct out of the country. Really dumb!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the original Yamaha knuckle guards look great glad I went with the originals

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Debated getting the heated grips also, but having had them before I decided on using heated gloves instead for the colder seasons ....bike looks great how do you find the sports screen? Does it offer good wind protection?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Debated getting the heated grips also, but having had them before I decided on using heated gloves instead for the colder seasons ....bike looks great how do you find the sports screen? Does it offer good wind protection?

It's not too bad. Had bike up to 140 and it's bearable. Depends on your height I'm 5'8". The yam grips are more hand warmers rather than full on heated grips like others. They're a tidy design with the controller on the grip so no extra controls on your bars. I'm looking to gear mine for two up so gonna add mt09 tracer pillion pegs, plus already sourced a rear rack for it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts