Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with the knox urbane pro armored shirt or the knox urbane pro utility armored shirt.

My textile jacket gets to damn hot in the summer and I'm looking for an alternative. This seems to be the best option out there.

I just wondered if anyone had pros or cons on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
Have you considered a mesh jacket? I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion jacket and matching mesh pants. I like it pretty much for the hot muggy summers we have in the south. The jacket comes with a liner, but the pants don't , so a rain suit is in order cross country. Not what you were asking about but a thought.

Ride Sane

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you considered a mesh jacket? I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion jacket and matching mesh pants. I like it pretty much for the hot muggy summers we have in the south. The jacket comes with a liner, but the pants don't , so a rain suit is in order cross country. Not what you were asking about but a thought.

Ride Sane
Bama, the knox (European company) urbane pro is a mesh jacket (undershirt/jacket combo) with ce armor inserts (elbows, shoulders, back and chest). I just like the design. Thought make someone else has used it. Its relatively a new product from 2019.

I use some of Knox's gloves, they are amazing 3 season riding gloves.

I didn't think many would have used it, but doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm just trying to find a type of mesh jacket with good armor that I like.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
853 Posts
The Joe Rocket stuff has armor. I think the Knox looks interesting too, you can wear it as outerlayer so does the Bohn systems, but they are underlayers. Muc was looking at some riding pants from Motorsport, the Sidi distributor, that looked good. Sometimes you just have to be the trailblazer. $300 or so isn't chump change but the gear looks good and got good ratings. Keep us informed.

Ride Sane

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, just seems interesting.

New stuff, I never get new stuff, lol

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The intersting thing about knox is that they are an armour company who started making their own clothes not a clothing company who started doing armour.
They pay attention to the fit so their armour stays where it needs to.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The Zephyr pro jacket looks like a great summer jacket wilth ce2 armor protection all the way around (except for the chest protector which is CE 1). But it has chest protection included.

Interesting....This may be a consideration. Revzilla has it, its $369.

I have a textile jacket, it's to damn hot and adversely effects my riding at 90 plus degrees.

Here's a video of the Zephyr pro for you all

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I am a knox fanboy- have worn half a dozen pairs of knox Richmond jeans over the last few years. Once there was a manufacturing defect, and they just sent me a new pair (bought direct from knox). No cost, no fuss, just sent a new pair.
Also have 2 pairs of gloves as they have great scaphoid protection, and i have broken my left one.

Jacket looks really good. It may be my next summer jacket (heading into winter here).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts