Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how I did it but I changed my display from miles to km and don't know how to change it back. Does anyone know? thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know how I did it but I changed my display from miles to km and don't know how to change it back. Does anyone know? thanks.
I believe you hold down the select button for around 3 seconds. If it's not the select button, then it's the other one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Try holding the Select button on the instrument cluster for three or more seconds. The display units should flip back. If that doesn't work try doing the same with the Reset button. One of them should do the trick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try both buttons simultaneously for 3+ seconds. The info is in the manual but I'm not near mine.
I tried both buttons but that just sets the time on the clock. I also tried holding both buttons before turning on the bike and got into a DIOG screen, nothing happens when I press any buttons after that so I just turn off the bike and back on. This happened when I was trying to increase the screen brightness. I was able to do that but noticed after that it was in km...?

Anyone else got any ideas?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Reactions: DECON BLUE

·
Registered
881 Posts
Page 4-7, center column. Select the odometer, then press and hold the select button for one second. It should switch over to or from metric. I just did this in my garage, it worked fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
canadian owners manual says united kingdom only bikes can do miles to kms.(UK only bikes)
tried mine, mine is in kms, and will not change to miles.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
It's noted in the service manual on page 1-4 under Features.

km-to-miles.JPG

Turn the key tp the "ON" position.

To switch the speedometer and multi-function
display between kilometers and miles, press
the "SELECT" button for at least one seconds.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was riding out of our village yesterday morning, glanced down, and thought wow--I had no idea how fast I was going! I'm sure you know the rest. Must have changed to kph by mistake when I set the time. Too bad--superhero was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe it is a malfunction.

I believe what you are experiencing is a malfunction. I had a similar one and the same one. I took the bike to the dealer to correct it. You probably noticed that holding the Select button for on second changes the readout from MPG to KPG but does not change the speedometer from KPH to MPH. The speedometer setting should change with the readout.

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
I believe what you are experiencing is a malfunction. I had a similar one and the same one. I took the bike to the dealer to correct it. You probably noticed that holding the Select button for on second changes the readout from MPG to KPG but does not change the speedometer from KPH to MPH. The speedometer setting should change with the readout.
Well...mine changes in both directions using the select button. I just went through that Saturday after 15 months of ownership. Maybe I have a bug?

·
Banned
30 Posts
Got it, it changes by holding the select button, but it only works when the multi function display is set to the odometer, otherwise it does nothing. Press select until you get to odo and then hold select for a few seconds and it changes ;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I did that one evening and didnt realize I had,

went to work the next morning going 40 KPH (thought I was going 40 MPH)

which would be about 25 MPH actually...

when I started going 100 KPH (thought it was 100 MPH) I knew something wasnt right....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
With a previous bike, I once fumble fingered the buttons enough to switch to Km, but the manual for that bike had incorrect instructions for switching it back. I had to return to the dealer where after trying the manual's instructions, they were finally able to figure out that the only way to switch that bike was to press reset while displaying odometer (odometer can never be reset).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts