Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install kill swith on the kickstand, anywone can tell me what is the wire to splice?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Should already have one ... Start the bike with side stand down and put it in gear and it should kill the motor !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anti theft switch i mean!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It's a waste of time. Nobody is going to hot wire your bike and ride off into the moonlight. Thieves just pick up the whole bike up off the ground and stuff it into a van, and GONE in 30 seconds. Read up on bike thefts and learn how bike thieves operate these days.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Agree 100% ^^

Not worth the time and money for how easy it is to pick it up and go, better to have some type of tracking device hidden somewhere. Only way to keep someone from riding your bike away on the spot is to lock the bars and by a lock or chain and put it through the wheel and swing arm. I put a lock through one of the holes on the brake disco because it's small enough to go unnoticed, heck even I forget about it when I pull my bike out of the garage sometimes lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
The side stand switch runs up under the tank to a connector there. There are two connectors side-by-side- don't remember which of the two it was, but easy enough to figure out, and easy to install a hidden switch.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

I thinks its just a 2 wire circuit, so it wont matter which wire you use....simply breaking the circuit will cause the bike not to run ...so pick a wire and have at it.

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
204 Posts
Exactly the information I was looking for. Has anyone found the best way to install it not using the kick stand switch?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have a Spot Trace installed on my bike. The thing goes off if I move it an inch in my garage with has a 2nd story bedroom above it. It also works inside my cargo trailer.

SPOT Trace

·
Vendor
772 Posts
You could goes crazy and wire the kickstand switch to a latching relay and then the flash to pass switch so both have to be pushed for it to work. We have done combination keyless setups that only the owner knows the order it can be started in. T

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If you don't have a copy of the service manual, here you go, off the wiring diagram.

SS-SW-1.jpg

SS-SW-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Reactions: JustWantToRide
1 - 14 of 14 Posts