Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the FZ09 and with all my previous bikes I always, if I need to do a 180 degree turn, pop the bike up on kickstand and pivot it.. with only the kickstand supporting the weight... do you guys do this with the FZ09?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I don't do that with any bike. I have a couple of times in my life, but I just think it puts too much wear and tear and pressure on the sidestand....but that's just me...YMMV

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Wow, I haven't done that since I was a kid on my 70cc Honda. I forgot all about that trick. I like to do the trials method of dragging the brake, turning it full lock while I cantilever my body. It makes me feel like I am too cool for school. I guess that I am getting old.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
just got the FZ09 and with all my previous bikes I always, if I need to do a 180 degree turn, pop the bike up on kickstand and pivot it.. with only the kickstand supporting the weight... do you guys do this with the FZ09?
I have done it maybe a handful of times. Useful in a pinch and I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I do it all the time. Other than some extra grinding on the bottom of the stand, I don't think it hurts anything. Just be careful not to do it where you don't want to leave a mark on the ground like someone's driveway.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
A riding buddy used to do that on his gsxr1000, until the kickstand pivot snapped off the frame...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I do it in my garage (concrete floor). Asphalt driveway not great as it'll dig in.

Never had an issue in the many years doing this on bikes. It's a great trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts