Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I'm disappointed, but not surprised about.

I've noticed in videos that the keys for the MT-09s are different (nicer) than those of the FZ-09. They actually look like car keys and not just some shabby 7 year olds key to their lockbox.

Grr! :mad:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
We Americans like cheap things. European and Japanese vehicles always seem to have cheaper features here. It has always angered me.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like the small keys. My last several bike keys were so big that I took a dremel and drill to them. I'm concerned about my other keys on the ring scratching up the bike though. I might use a quick disconnect and pop the key off the ring before putting it into the ignition.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I don't like bulky keys either. I cut a section of a thin bicycle inner tube to cover the key, melted a hole in it for the key ring, and cut a slit up the side for my house key to pop out when needed. Scratch free.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like the small keys. My last several bike keys were so big that I took a dremel and drill to them. I'm concerned about my other keys on the ring scratching up the bike though. I might use a quick disconnect and pop the key off the ring before putting it into the ignition.
that's what I did. The only thing I had with the key was a "Remove Before Flight" tag :p

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too like minimalist keys, but it doesn't look THAT big where it takes away from that.

I always take off just my bike key when riding. Tuck my house, car, and many work keys somewhere with a zipper. I have a key rack from Nite Ize and I love it.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I keep my bike key on its own ring with the nice little tech spec key fob thingy. I store the key in my helmet at all times when I'm not riding, and keep my other giant work/life key ring in a jacket pocket. The size of the key never occurred to me before this thread.

Daniel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts