Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has any one found a keyless gas cap for the MT09 on ebay. I'm thinking 30 dollars not 100.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There are Chinese knock offs on Egay... but I wouldn't **** around with cheap fuel caps anymore than with cheap brake rotors.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't understand that Rizoma, it does use a key, one that looks bulkier than a normal key. If you don't keep it on a key ring with the bike key then it is just something else to lose, if you keep it on the ring then bike key has to be taken out of the ignition anyway.

I put a keyless cap on my track SV650 (the bike was keyless too lol), it just unscrewed by hand. But it wasn't hinged so while fueling you had to set the cap somewhere. That was fine at the track but no way do I want a non hinged cap for a street bike. YMMV.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't understand that Rizoma, it does use a key, one that looks bulkier than a normal key. If you don't keep it on a key ring with the bike key then it is just something else to lose, if you keep it on the ring then bike key has to be taken out of the ignition anyway.

I put a keyless cap on my track SV650 (the bike was keyless too lol), it just unscrewed by hand. But it wasn't hinged so while fueling you had to set the cap somewhere. That was fine at the track but no way do I want a non hinged cap for a street bike. YMMV.
That's what I was thinking about the rizoma.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just throw the cap in my back pocket while I fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts