Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh::huh::huh::huh: Salesman leaves me a voicemail saying: come on down, the bike is here and will be ready to be picked up around 4:30 - 5:00 pm! Can you just imagine my face!? Got there around 5ish, and was told: they shipped the bike without the key!!! Wordless! Speechless!

·
Registered
663 Posts
That brings new meaning to the phrase "ride it like you stole it." You would literally have to since you have to hotwire it before leaving the dealer. Hopefully they can cut one, or FedEx you one in short order.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That brings new meaning to the phrase "ride it like you stole it." You would literally have to since you have to hotwire it before leaving the dealer. Hopefully they can cut one, or FedEx you one in short order.
I got two versions: 1) the key is at yamaha warehouse in LA. 2) the key is in our local warehouse.
Both versions tell me that the key will be here by Monday!
Can't hot wire it cause the battery wire is sticking out and need the key to pop the seat out! After all the wait, what a bummer!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't fret. The beauty of this bike is that is looks good sitting still. Good luck getting that key!

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and hopefully they get the key situation resolved quickly. That is just incredible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No keys today! :mad:maybe tomorrow if the mail truck doesn't catch on fire and burn with my keys inside!

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
They should allow you to do a fire burnout on the showroom floor after that ordeal........rev it to about 6K and drop the hammer!

Reactions: Tuga

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL!!! I couldn't pick it up today because of school, but men, tomorrow is Revenge Day!!!
My CRF 450R is all excited to have naked bike sleeping in the same garage!! :tongue4:

·
Registered
611 Posts
LOL!!! I couldn't pick it up today because of school, but men, tomorrow is Revenge Day!!!
My CRF 450R is all excited to have naked bike sleeping in the same garage!! :tongue4:
This sounds obvious, but hopefully they checked to make sure the keys actually fit. That would be teh suxx! lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, this is the end of my "keyless bike"novel! Picked it up today after work, came with a $50 gift card! This bike is like a wild horse! There is a lot to learn about this bike, I do not consider myself a beginer but this is my first street bike... Fun days ahead...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats on getting this all sorted out! What a drag to have to wait for the keys!

This bike is a true beast! It's rough around the edges and will bite if you're not paying attention! Have fun!!

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts