Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thanks for your time.
I’ve done a bunch of searches but somehow nothing is coming up, or I’m searching the wrong way.
dose anyone have a DYI write up for key switch elimination?
For ~$50 bucks I can get a woodcraft harness (key switch eliminator) That I believe will get me started on what I need (I’ll post more about that below) but I feel this should be so simple. I’m sure someone smarter than me has done a write up. (Just splicing some wires and adding a resistor, I believe.)
My end goal is to build a keyless ignition system off an rfid platform. The key switch eliminator harness makes it so your kill/start switch controls all power, ign and starter without need for the key.
From there I will tap in and, hopefully by turning the switch to run send switched power to my rfid control module, then I could scan my chip supplying power to the ignition and then push the switch the rest of the way to start the bike.
Sliding the switch the other direction would kill power to the rfid controller, killing the bike and immobilizing it at the same time.
Any pointers in the right direction would be great. if I do buy one I will definitely try to post info on it here later.
thanks so much!
Matthew.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
instead of monkeying around trying to do it yourself and possibly F$#king things up go with the woodcraft setup...they have done all the work and it's a simple plug n' play application taking all the guess work out it. so it's $55 for the setup, you probably have spent more for something else on your bike...and the woodcraft setup is much, much cheaper than let's say the m-lock system, just saying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. That’s what I was thinking. I just didn’t want to be wasteful on something if it was super simple.
I ordered up the harness. Thanks for your input!
instead of monkeying around trying to do it yourself and possibly F$#king things up go with the woodcraft setup...they have done all the work and it's a simple plug n' play application taking all the guess work out it. so it's $55 for the setup, you probably have spent more for something else on your bike...and the woodcraft setup is much, much cheaper than let's say the m-lock system, just saying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts