Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
It will be interesting to see how it performs on the track and if it works as good as they claim. Will it be the new standard in Superbikes? or an expensive toy that just doesn't cut the mustard?

+1 to "sweet dress shoes bro...." lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
I like how he almost stalls it on the first go, ooops.

... and why is he not using the quick shifter in the first two gears?!

That thing is going to be rediculous! Nice find.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Two thing pop into mind. First, I know it's strapped down, but if the fecal matter hits the rotary air moving device, do you really want to be standing that close to a 300hp missile? Last, but certainly not least, the blond in the green sweater kept undressing me with her eyes through the whole video. Look lady I'm a person not a piece of meat.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Two thing pop into mind. First, I know it's strapped down, but if the fecal matter hits the rotary air moving device, do you really want to be standing that close to a 300hp missile? Last, but certainly not least, the blond in the green sweater kept undressing me with her eyes through the whole video. Look lady I'm a person not a piece of meat.
Harry B... u would notice... being noticed! ;)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bike is ungodly loud. You can see a few people cringe as he's really pinning it - when they had the bike running at the NY Auto show - the video i took kept shaking because of how loud the exhaust was coming from that bike. People kept jumping - it sounded more like a F16 taking off than it did a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
the bike is ungodly loud. You can see a few people cringe as he's really pinning it - when they had the bike running at the NY Auto show - the video i took kept shaking because of how loud the exhaust was coming from that bike. People kept jumping - it sounded more like a F16 taking off than it did a motorcycle.
I can second that. I was too busy watching/listening to even pick up my phone to record it! Always seemed like the entire show stopped moving every time that bike was fired up!

·
Registered
877 Posts
No........... This sounds like an F 16 :cool:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have a street version coming that was supposed to be January, but was delayed till March.

Had a deposit since Nov 8.

So far, just got an e-mail, today, wanting to know what size t shirt I wanted. :chargrined:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a street version coming that was supposed to be January, but was delayed till March.

Had a deposit since Nov 8.

So far, just got an e-mail, today, wanting to know what size t shirt I wanted. :chargrined:
Figured you would! Guess it'd be worth a trip in the truck to see that! too cool man, congrats!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Figured you would! Guess it'd be worth a trip in the truck to see that! too cool man, congrats!
It will be in the Palomar area, for sure.

Wish we still had a decent quarter mile track, but Carlsbad folded in 2003.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
No........... This sounds like an F 16 :cool:

Saw Jay Leno on one of these on YouTube. A woman in a cage was tailgating him at a stoplight and he kept creeping forward so he wouldn't melt her grill. He'd move then she would do the same. He finally just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. Very funny video.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Saw Jay Leno on one of these on YouTube. A woman in a cage was tailgating him at a stoplight and he kept creeping forward so he wouldn't melt her grill. He'd move then she would do the same. He finally just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. Very funny video.
We shot a video of roasting marshmallows with the exhaust. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts