·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Look up reviews, from what I've heard/read/watched it's not worth it. A heavier bike with less power compared to the z1000. Obviously less power but it shouldn't way more!

Reviews say the seating isn't comfortable and the bike is harder to toss around. Take it with a grain of salt but that's what I've heard. Everyone has there opinions but all I know is I love my fz!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Another junk, parts bin Kawi. And what's up with that box type swing arm? So far not one of the other big 3 have come up with anything close to matching the 09's clean sheet design...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't like the seat, the tank, and that ugly muffler. And it has a box swing arm! They can keep it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
MSRP of $8,399... Kawasaki states that the curb weight for the Z800 ABS is 509 lbs, fuel capacity is 17 litres.
This was the bike I was going to buy if they brought it to Canada... but they didn't, so I got me a fancy new Yamaha FZ09!!! (back in late 2013) :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
^ "They are 3 years late and a dollar short", is that how the expression goes? Haha

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just reinforces what a fantastic bike and buy the FZ-09 remains. I like the idea of healthy competition, but the other manufacturers really need to step up their game.

·
Registered
877 Posts
MSRP of $8,399... Kawasaki states that the curb weight for the Z800 ABS is 509 lbs, fuel capacity is 17 litres.
This was the bike I was going to buy if they brought it to Canada... but they didn't, so I got me a fancy new Yamaha FZ09!!! (back in late 2013) :)
Only 16 Lbs lighter than the supercharged Kaw H 2.

A pipe will put he H 2 down to 495 Lbs.

The FZ 09 definitely rules this bike class.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just reinforces what a fantastic bike and buy the FZ-09 remains. I like the idea of healthy competition, but the other manufacturers really need to step up their game.
They're not even in the same stadium. :cool:

Reactions: motorock

·
Registered
657 Posts
Only 16 Lbs lighter than the supercharged Kaw H 2.

A pipe will put he H 2 down to 495 Lbs.

The FZ 09 definitely rules this bike class.
Looks like a pipe on the Z800 may bring it down to 470 lbs! I don't know why Kawi puts such nasty oversized pipes on their bikes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't know why Kawi puts such nasty oversized pipes on their bikes.
I have been thinking the same thing. Strange style on their pipes, they are massive and robotic looking !

Reactions: buck and RickyNY

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing. Strange style on their pipes, they are massive and robotic looking !
....have you looked at Kawi's BIKES lately? lol

Reactions: Davinci

·
Registered
50 Posts
there is not a bike on the planet like the fz09. middleweight naked market has some strong contenders but the fz09 really is the perfect bike... I mean I am always looking at bikes online....and im sure its a personal thing. but this bike does everything. I really love it..

·
Registered
962 Posts
With that weight and (lack of) power they would have done better making a Concourse 800 out of it. But really - it's just another standard that was popular in the EU for years before the FZ-09 (like the GSX-S750), and they are trying to sell it elsewhere. If they wanted to compete with the FZ-09 then I'd say to stroke a ZX6R and sell it as a naked 800/900 with upright ergos. Does it really weigh 509 lbs - wow.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Looks like a pipe on the Z800 may bring it down to 470 lbs! I don't know why Kawi puts such nasty oversized pipes on their bikes.
The Ninja 1000 is a great looking bike IMO - then you get to the bulbous exhaust and it ruins the whole bike.

Reactions: buck

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It is competition for the gsxs-750 not the fz09.

·
Registered
276 Posts
there is not a bike on the planet like the fz09. middleweight naked market has some strong contenders but the fz09 really is the perfect bike... I mean I am always looking at bikes online....and im sure its a personal thing. but this bike does everything. I really love it..
The Ducati Hypermotard, a shame it is so expensive! I also like the Triumph Street Triple, although it is also pricey and has less power.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
It is competition for the gsxs-750 not the fz09.
unless someone is comparing in a vacuum, there's no reason why people wouldn't compare either the gsxs-750 and this to the 09. There's clearly a market for this type of bike (something bigger than a 650 but not a liter bike) for 7-9k.

Only problem is these companies are missing pretty hard - the 09 would be in the same boat IMO if the engine wasn't as good as it is - it's IMO the only thing that separates the 09 from any of these bikes along with the overall wet weight.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts