Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... how many of you have been following the saga of the Ninja-H2?

Ninja H2 BUILT BEYOND BELIEF

If memory serves, the H2 was a (2 stroke) 750cc ........ triple! The sound bites we've been given are inconclusive per my ears, but can anyone say for certain the new model (to be unveiled Sept 30) is a triple or an inline 4? The video "Vol 2" sounds off to me for a Kawi inline 4 (I've had 2 of them)... maybe it's just the supercharger (yes, you read that right) that's throwing me off, but what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Mothy wrote:
that's throwing me off, but what do you think?
What I think is why would you put this in the General Section when there is clearly a section for "OTHER BIKES?"

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is the chirp a whisp of pop off type valve or tire chirp(!) ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja H2 Supercharged Superbike Teaser Video

cycleworld.com: "this new Ninja H2 appears to be supercharged, as the bypass chirps so easily heard in the audio portion of this video strongly suggest. For the record, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, whose aircraft subdivision makes turbine blades for many commercial jet engines, is no stranger to superchargers. Its Jet Ski Ultra 300X personal watercraft is blown, and the company also displayed a supercharged four-cylinder motorcycle engine at the Tokyo Motor Show last year". :color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The original H2 was a 750 2 stroke triple. A rocket in a straight line but the brakes & handling were crap. Took a short ride on a friends H2 with expansion chambers; scared the hell outa me. This new H2 will be a 300 hp monster with all the MotoGP electronic rider aids.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mothy wrote:

What I think is why would you put this in the General Section when there is clearly a section for "OTHER BIKES?"
Ah... that would be me not using my eyes... thanks for moving it to the proper section! :eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now I'm showing my age: The H2 was the first motorcycle that made me realize I could actually die on one! I was young and stupid but that thing screamed and left a trail of blue smoke behind me. Unbelievable torque. It was one crazy ride! :eagerness:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Ah... that would be me not using my eyes... thanks for moving it to the proper section! :eek:
You are welcome Sir!......Just don't let it happen again! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Now I'm showing my age: The H2 was the first motorcycle that made me realize I could actually die on one! I was young and stupid but that thing screamed and left a trail of blue smoke behind me. Unbelievable torque. It was one crazy ride! :eagerness:
I campaigned one at the dragstrips for an entire summer in 1974. Stock bike with the exception of Wirges expansion chamber and some re-jetting for making it work with the Wirges pipes. Best time and speed 1/4 mile track was 11.89 @ 113 MPH.....rocket ship status back then for a stocker.

Reactions: veebooster and Dr_R

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it'll definitely have a blower of some kind. maybe it will be a 750cc triple as the namesake implies. cars have reaped the benefits of modern engine management and improvements in turbo/supercharger design for years now....it's about time this trickled down to bikes.

i think it will be epic...maybe even revolutionary.

the silhouette of the bike in the 4th video makes it appear to be a supersport (maybe a supernaked), and not a hyper sport touring machine.

bring it.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
OK, I just found out my insurance (on a 60 year old rider with no tickets or accidents), is going to be $600.....

but that would be for a month.

All that power would be awesome for sure, but unless it's a race/track bike where it could be used, I'm not sure of who would be buying it for street purposes...at least not enough of them to be profitable. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come out with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I campaigned one at the dragstrips for an entire summer in 1974. Stock bike with the exception of Wirges expansion chamber and some re-jetting for making it work with the Wirges pipes. Best time and speed 1/4 mile track was 11.89 @ 113 MPH.....rocket ship status back then for a stocker.

Back in the mid 70's my dad ran a drag team with an H1. It ran in the 500 mod gas & fuel class, and was running a 10.1 consistently, best of 9.92. Still holds the record to this day! I rode a built 750 a few years ago, it had a pucker factor of 5000, and at the time I had TL1000R...

·
Registered
768 Posts
I still wanna know who's going to be the first idiot to turbocharge a FZ-09?
:eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I still wanna know who's going to be the first idiot to turbocharge a FZ-09?
:eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:
It will happen eventually...and hopefully it will be a drag bike with an extended swingarm. I simply cannot imagine any usefulness for it for the type of riding that most of us do...commute, canyon carving, etc.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
OK, I just found out my insurance (on a 60 year old rider with no tickets or accidents), is going to be $600.....

but that would be for a month.

All that power would be awesome for sure, but unless it's a race/track bike where it could be used, I'm not sure of who would be buying it for street purposes...at least not enough of them to be profitable. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come out with.
holy crap - they may think the added power will throw your back out :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
You do realize I'm just making up an imaginary scenario there......right?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even thou they've already shown us a supercharged I4 motor (all spiffy with chrome bits), I think using the H2 name implies it's going to be a triple too. Even for $600 a month for insurance, I'm in for a couple months! ;) lol!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts