Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I'm one of those people who watch for updates this time of year. I'm a huge Kawi fan, but sometimes they truly confound me. The US sites had a head start with the new Versys models (the 650 is getting a much larger tank), but now the picture is becoming more complete (see Kawasaki.ca). The venerable KLR650 has some small bodywork updates, most models are just getting a color change (and maybe an engine remap), but then we come to the brand new Vulcan S. If the V-Rod and the Bolt had a love child, this is what it would look like. I still don't know what to make of it... Kawi was missing a lower end cruiser, so I guess this was meant to go head to head with the V-Star. Interesting that is still retains the chain drive. Still waiting for confirmation from KTM on the coming 2015 models...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to follow their small displacement line of "EN"s... the 750 was a v-twin thou.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A long time ago, I had the 454 LTD (half a Ninja). The forks were so long you could watch them flex in the corners... very fun bike thou with the huge pulley on the rear wheel. :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Having the FZ09, Ive found it somewhat difficult to find a MC that's similar yet different enough......damn FZ covers several categories. :)

1000cc is not on my radar, and 600's may seem too tame. :(

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
511 Posts
Kinda funky. I don't hate it. Bugs me when they only have one front brake. No green. Not sure why but no green.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
They already have the 2015 Ninja 636 zx6r's out. They are the 30th aniversary editions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts