Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After viewing the YouTube review below, I purchased the Kappa RA308 tank bag. The bag uses the Givi TankLock system. A ring attaches to the gas filler and keeps the bag off of the tank.

The bag is 17 liters and can expand to 24 liters. I looked at smaller bag and felt that a medium bag was the right size for me. I wanted it big enough to hold cloths to change out the ride gear when I visit other people on a day trip. With the TankLock system the bag was moved back far enough so the handle bars clear and the display is visible.

DSC00589 - sized.jpg DSC00590 - sized.jpg DSC00591 - sized.jpg DSC00592 - sized.jpg DSC00593 - sized.jpg

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Did you use this ring?
Givi Easy Lock Tank Ring BF05 (Cagiva, MV, & Yamaha)

I was sent the wrong ring (BF09) and exchanged it.

Also, I purchased the following bag, Givi TankLock 3D600 Tank Bag, for day rides, and I am wiring it with a SAE port (SAE to AUX) to use my iPod Shuffle / iTouch in the front compartment for daily rides, whereas I will use the Givi XS307 for longer rides.

3D600

XS307

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the ring is BF05. The RA308 is for longer rides. The Givi XS307 a little smaller then the RA308. The RA308 was $116 + $17 for the ring.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've been looking at tank bags for a while and i cant convince myself that they aren't inconvenient while riding. Do they get in the way on the 09? Can you turn your handle bars all the way? what do they prevent you from doing other than laying on the thank which is nealry impossible with this bike anyways. Thanks

-Z

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Did you use this ring?
Givi Easy Lock Tank Ring BF05 (Cagiva, MV, & Yamaha)

I was sent the wrong ring (BF09) and exchanged it.

Also, I purchased the following bag, Givi TankLock 3D600 Tank Bag, for day rides, and I am wiring it with a SAE port (SAE to AUX) to use my iPod Shuffle / iTouch in the front compartment for daily rides, whereas I will use the Givi XS307 for longer rides.

3D600

Do you have this installed? Any photos? I've been looking for something like this. It's hard to gauge how big it would be on the fz-09, though.

(Also, that's the 3D601)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I never mount my phone in sunlight, so I keep freezer bags handy, but I mount a GPS or iPod with a waterproof mount. I like the tank bag because I can put my shuffle in it. I control my phone and iPod from my Sena on my helmet. Phone is always in my jacket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to dig up this old thread but after reading the recommendation here I just bought the Kappa bag myself. It's exactly what I wanted and fits perfectly. So thanks for posting about it!

One tiny thing that annoys me a bit though is the Zip for expanding the bag... when the bag isn't expanded it dangles down dangerously close to the tank. See here:
2014-03-29 13.14.51.jpg

Did you notice that with your bag as well? Have you done anything about it?

For now I've just wrapped it in electrical tape until I find a better solution...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't use the bag and didn't notice that. Funny, the zippers on the side pockets are rubberized.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts