Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
...But that top case bracket - YIKES!
Right! Very unflattering. The only thing I can hope (may be reaching here) is that that rack is something put out by Kappa; Not GIVI. I find it odd that the Kappa site would have marketing photos of the GIVI component before GIVI had it on their own website. Here's to wishful thinking!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I might want something to mount some K21's close in, but I'll pass on soft case mounts. The Yamaha rear rack is much nicer - I'm glad I don't like the Kappa/Givi better.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kappa and GIVI share products. It was almost obvious that the rack was going to look exactly like this- esp if you have seen GIVI racks on most other bikes- no surprise there. They are considered bulletproof and the best out there, even if "ugly". The OEM looks better but I would be interested in the soft side mounts being adaptable to the OEM- would be excellent for some sport-touring. Maybe get a rotopax to fit on this for longer distances.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just saw it and had to share it: Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers YAMAHA MT-09
Top rack, side rack & windscreen.
View attachment 2179
I think that MT-09 grey tank with gray/silver frame and black wheels is a great looking bike! I was surprised at how much I like the silver frame on my Orange FZ! I think i'll go with the OEM rack, but I really like the soft side bags here. I realize that some luggage is going to necessary for any multi-day riding!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Essentially, the SW-Motech alu-rack with a Sw-motech adapter will look like this:
Alu-rack-Honda-NC700.jpg

With a monolock adapter, it will look like this:
monolock.plate.on.sw-motech.alu-rack.dl650.3.JPG_4.jpg

With a monokey adapter plate, it will look like this:
monokey-adaptor-alu-rack.jpg

These plates are not small but don't look too bad installed.
The plate of the SW seems smaller than OEM but as long as you dont mind extra piping adding to the profile of the bike under the seat, it's not a bad deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't forget about the Motech adaptor plate.Cam lock quick release.Gives you a broad platform to strap anything down.
Not really into a big box on back of this bike.Low profile and quick on and off is where it's at.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Probably the best larger sized windscreen I've seen to date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts