Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like the offset to the right. The wind might be less if you move it back but I'm just guessing. I do not own a go pro yet.... So what do I know!?!
What is the model of your go pro? And what mount/location?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes... there are limits to adhesion... but it makes a cool video when the camera disembarks. You just have to go back and find it... :D

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
There is no way I could deal with most of the right side view being blocked like it is in your video......I think you need to find a better place to mount the camera

·
Registered
118 Posts
My gopro used to hold up at 170 suction cupped to my solo seat cowl on my cbr954rr all day everyday lol never failed once

·
Registered
474 Posts
Reactions: v2Bob and Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
There is no way I could deal with most of the right side view being blocked like it is in your video......I think you need to find a better place to mount the camera
How about someplace around your neck or attached to your Jacket -- obviously above the screen. Or way below....mounted above or beside the radiator.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chest mount would suck when I lean in for straights at track. I'm also pretty short. Neck? I'll look into that.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Chest mount would suck when I lean in for straights at track. I'm also pretty short. Neck? I'll look into that.
That and accelerating I've noticed it almost hits the tank when I hit it hard and I'm 6ft. It is a cool "perspective mount though.

I mounted a sticky mount atop the front master brake cylinder. If you have enough connectors you can back it out to see the speedo or keep it close to not. When i'm riding on the street I don't like to have any videos showing my speed, but that's just me.

Back roads fun with the FZ09:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm still on the search for a good mirror post mount that isn't $80. Someone posted how they made their own and I need to get off my lazy ass and do that.

Reactions: Niner

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I got a roll bar mount and put mine on a frame slider.
That's Fantastic......like it a lot..........!!!! How secure is it on the slider & where did you buy the mount?

What's the Soundtrack....???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Song is Mike Posner Ft. Bun B - Rocket Man
Picked the mount up off ebay and it's very solid with no vibration. Another sample with no music...

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 20 of 61 Posts