Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I want a new seat, exhaust, riding jacket and pants ect ect...But being married, I have learned a little about timing. So here is my helpful advise. be patient....Then once your significant other drops some $$$$ on something she wanted, complement the crap out of it. Tell her that that pair of shoes really make her legs look nice....tell her that that painting really brings the room together. but never ever ask the price. just say what ever it cost, it was worth it. Keep it in your pocket until needed: as in, in case of emergency, break glass....

Please feel free to add any additional pointers or missed information

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
So I want a new seat, exhaust, riding jacket and pants ect ect...But being married, I have learned a little about timing. So here is my helpful advise. be patient....Then once your significant other drops some $$$$ on something she wanted, complement the crap out of it. Tell her that that pair of shoes really make her legs look nice....tell her that that painting really brings the room together. but never ever ask the price. just say what ever it cost, it was worth it. Keep it in your pocket until needed: as in, in case of emergency, break glass....

Please feel free to add any additional pointers or missed information
"Break Glass, Buy Mod":cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea don't follow my footsteps.... I just pulled into the driveway with a new Evo X MR.... "HONEY LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!"

Let me tell you, I was in the dog house for awhile.
Never ever would I do this.......I like to sleep at night not worrying about body parts getting "cut off" I find its best to do things with the official blessing....(a happy wife is a happy life).....unless your single which is where the definition of joyous resides... Joyous= a man that spends his days riding an FZ-09 intermingled with work to finance the required MOD's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Family always come first. I built mine a new house and got her car paid off.
Now I can get whatever i want because made her happy first.
That being said i have never asked permission i just do it, but i learned how to over a period of 20 years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My wife is awesome. She had no issues with me getting the FZ-09, my DRZ400SM, or any of my previous bikes. I never ask for permission but I run it by her right before or after the purchase so she feels like she's in the loop, lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've found that "before" crap can be pretty tricky.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Problem with your theory is that the woman will spend all your money and you'll never get crap. I take the approach of fair is fair. My wife gets her hair cut to the tune of $30 a pop, hair colored $100, facials, mani/pedis, new clothes regularly, new shoes every couple of months, then there is all the tons of feminine products, lotion, toilet paper, makeup, lotion, etc. I, on the other hand, pay about $15 for a haircut every two months. I have not bought a new pair of non riding shoes in about 5 years. I seldom ever buy new clothes. I have underwear with more holes than a golf course. I don't wear cologne, I don't use expensive soap or shampoo (my wife's is $20 a bottle). I shave with an electric razor that never needs blades, she buys razor blades by the pack. It all adds up.

I'd say that monthly my wife spends more on her crap than I do on my motorcycle. If my payment and insurance for my motorcycle is, say, $250 a month. She spends that in a salon visit, facial waxing, and new outfits because she has "nothing to wear".

It's not that either of us NEED these things (well, except the feminine products)....but she likes to pamper herself and I like riding motorcycles. It's just part of our budget. She's never going to stop getting her hair colored. I'm never going to stop riding motorcycles. After 20 years together (18 of it married) we just accept the way things are.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My wife's Gixxer 750 costs more than my FZ and don't even get me started on insurance. Then again she makes more money than me. I know shut up and go back to my hole.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I got married on crutches after I broke my femur, tib and fib 5 weeks before our wedding. 3 weeks in hospital, then hobbling down the aisle 2 weeks after that.
Bikes are in my blood, and she is a bigger fan of moto gp than i am. Not an issue in my house.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There's also the theory of... it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
We keep separate accounts, make the same $, split the bills. I don't worry about what he does and the opposite. It makes life a lot easier. I couldn't live asking permission for anything. Your girlfriend should not be telling you what to do. She should be deciding if she wants to marry you based on things including how you handle money, not "giving permission." Anyway, 12 years and happy over here. Hey, whatever works for you.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Me too.....

I just buy what I need, and a bunch of crap I don't need. My wife thinks it's all crap and a total waste of money.....and probably wishes her husband listened to her.

Sounds like our households are identical:cool:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I take it a step further; I let her get the new car, bike first, whatever she wants, she works for it, then I pull the trigger on what I want. As far as mods go, I remind her that I never question any of the long string of packages that arrive for her at the house also.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts