Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
;) Hey guys,

I got my bike about 2 months ago from a dealer here in Vancouver, the bike is #29 and I believe it was the first one in Vancouver if not BC on the road (according to Daytona), I had it on order for a number of months before release. Anyway, I have been lurking and waiting to see if I should sign up, there's some good activity here now so I wanted to contribute. I actually saw some photos of me that another member posted here, showing my bike (he's form bcsportbikes, another forum I frequent) which was funny to discover.

Anyway my bike is sitting around 1500km, it's had its first major service and I'm still riding despite it being near December (still pretty clear here). The bike is incredible, super easy to ride be unbelievably fun, not boring at all. Feels much nicer than an FZ08. I'm running non synthetic oil now which I've noticed will trigger the oil level indicator once and a while (usually on first startup), but I believe it's just foaming a bit. No mechanical or aesthetic concerns, loving the bike!

uIxIT8r.jpg 1426729_10101582886040970_882533179_n.jpg

So, hey everyone!

·
Registered
663 Posts
That is funny. I've seen those pics as well. I was always curious how tall you are as it appears easy for you to flat foot the bike. It's not a big deal to me really with such a light bike, but I was never crazy about being on tip toes at stop lights when riding my heavier bike. I'm about 5'10" more or less. I haven't got to sit on one yet as they haven't made it this far north yet. (yes, you are way south of me)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's strange, because I'm 5'11, maybe 6'ft on a good day and I can easily flat-foot as you noticed. Maybe you're shorter than you want to admit?? :tongue4:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Depends on your inseam, but I'm a 32" inseam approx and I can more or less flat foot the 09
Welcome and grats Red Rocket!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
I haven't even sat on one yet. I was just wondering since I've seen other pics of people on toes a little. I'm sure it will be a decent height. I am a bit long in the torso. That means I look tall sitting down, but average height standing up. I look forward to trying one out. They didn't make it to Alaska before winter did, so it will be late April or early May at the soonest.

Willow Lake Ride.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
That is funny. I've seen those pics as well. I was always curious how tall you are as it appears easy for you to flat foot the bike. It's not a big deal to me really with such a light bike, but I was never crazy about being on tip toes at stop lights when riding my heavier bike. I'm about 5'10" more or less. I haven't got to sit on one yet as they haven't made it this far north yet. (yes, you are way south of me)

I'm 5'9" and can't flat foot, but very close. I have a 30" inseam though. Hasn't been a problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mr. Red rocket! This is our little happy place.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey young! Yeah I figured it was about time. I'm guessing you're the other vancouver person I see on the map?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey young! Yeah I figured it was about time. I'm guessing you're the other vancouver person I see on the map?
Guess so - Victoria's close enough I guess!

Let's make sure we get that ride in when Spring hits!

I'll be over in Vancouver with the bike tomorrow night and then off Wednesday to drop it at GP Suspension just south of Seattle for them to get to work on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts