Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I'm on few forums but just finaly sign up here. I got my 09 2 weeks ago or so. Rear tail shortened, Proton flush mount all around (strobe), white reflective wheel stripe and Marthy Danmoto Exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have been following your exhaust thread on another forum. Love the strip on the wheels. Can you give us the information on the Proton flush mounts?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them from my buddy Tyler at Solomotoparts. All you need to do is either get the OEM connector or like me cutting off the plugs from the OEM signal and wire them in. There's 2-3 way to do it... instruction include. Those are the best flush mount on the market. Not cheap but worth every pennies! Those are made to sit on a fairing edges... but work just fine four our application. I used a bigger washer than the one they provide on the back side to have more support area... big thing, don't over tight them!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's some pics of the back. Pretty much straight forward instalation. To remove the OEM signal you need to remove the plastic clip on the baxk side... the wires go thru. Then it all come out easy... you need to remove the side panels on the front... much easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Which model of the Proton flush mounts or for what motorcycle? Are the front and the rears the same unit?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Unless I'm wrong, Yamaha are all the same. FZ6R were the one I got... yep, my other ride! De-tuning it a bit so my wife can ride it safely. Here the link of the ones I got. You need one set for the front and if you want the rear done... 2 sets. For the rear I slice up the license plate light wire and connect the rear as running light too... I'm a big fan of being visible at night!

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Proton-Flushmount-Turn-Signals-for-FZ6R-09-12/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts