Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be the first in Dayton to get an FZ-09. I put in a deposit for the FZ-09. Joe's Cycle Shop is waiving the $318 freight charge. With a $650 (before tax) Yamaha Extended Service warranty (extra 4 years for a total of 5 for $650 is pretty darn good, based on what I'm hearing here), my out the door price will be $9405.

fz09 - $7890
Document Fees $195
7.25% sales tax - $586
Title fees - $20
30 Day Tag - $18.50
Extended warranty (Extra 4 years) - $650 + $47 tax, for ~$700
Total ~$9400

·
Registered
298 Posts
But what are document fees? Sounds to me like the dealer wants $195 for a few minutes of pushing a pen and checking a few boxes.
Yup, that is pretty much it. They want to get paid for filling out the paper work. Kinda crap if you ask me, but you can't get around it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have no idea what Ohio charges for DMV fees, but I know in our state the dealers try to slip in a little cushion on registration and title fees. My last purchase (snowmobile) I told them I would handle registering the thing. Of course that's easier done with something leaving on a trailer as opposed to being driven off the lot.

$18.50 for a temp tag seems a little steep. Up here, dealers can just write a temp tag for free while you're waiting for plates from DMV.

Normally, I skip extended warranties. You may be on to something there with a newly developed bike. For instance, I would never consider it if I was buying a new FZ-1.

I guess I'm lucky to live in a place with no sales tax, so that's one not there either. I guess time will tell. I'll let you you know in the spring what the "out the door" price is in Alaska. It should be interesting. Our dealer wants $200 deposit to secure one of the 8 he's getting.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree billy, I generally skip extended warranties, but in this instance, I may just because it's possible to have issues. I have been a loyal Yamaha Only rider since I started, and I feel that they make one hell of a product. I would think that most issues would get sorted out quickly. I bought an 09 FZ6R a few years ago (first year out), and those bikes are pretty much bullet proof. You just do the scheduled maintenance, and you're good. I have a friend who has over 50,000 miles on his, and it still runs as good as mine did when I sold it at 13,000 miles. It does raise value on the bike if you sell it before the warranty period is over (which is nice)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yup, that is pretty much it. They want to get paid for filling out the paper work. Kinda crap if you ask me, but you can't get around it.
Yes and for actually going to dmv to get plates and registration.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I put down a deposit last Saturday for either Liquid Graphite or Rapid Red. It should be in near the end of this month or the begaining of the next month.

I haven't had a motorcycle in the last 20 years. I turned 65 today. On Sunday, I ordered $2k worth of gear becuse I do not want to slide on the asphalt without protection. The first mod will be sliders.

Reactions: v2Bob and AHR

·
Registered
298 Posts
On Sunday, I ordered $2k worth of gear becuse I do not want to slide on the asphalt without protection. The first mod will be sliders.
Great investments!!! I can't tell you how much it freaks me out when I see people riding without gear. Good luck with the bike, and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes, didn't want to skimp this time.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Woo hoo!!!! Next is the retrofit right? Kidding. What color are you getting?
you were too right... I just put my money in on the group buy. Here's my planned desgn.

I put down a deposit last Saturday for either Liquid Graphite or Rapid Red. It should be in near the end of this month or the begaining of the next month.

I haven't had a motorcycle in the last 20 years. I turned 65 today. On Sunday, I ordered $2k worth of gear becuse I do not want to slide on the asphalt without protection. The first mod will be sliders.
I am awaiting my Rev'IT! Ignition 2 jacket and Gear 2 pants ($900), plus my Bell Vortex Helmet ($170), plus some Fox gloves ($50), and I still need to order a back protector ($50), Klim Tactical Shorts ($100), and I'm going to buy a pair of boots tomorrow after church probably another $150. That's somewhere in the $1500 range... I still need to order sliders, phone mount, bags, spools...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I highly recommend checking out the Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots, remarkably comfortable and very protective. Around $240.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts