Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been wondering if this bike is going to appeal to a youngster crowd or not .im 35 and I fell in love at first sight , most if not all of my younger friends think it's too hipster looking , and my older friends think it's nice ! Having owned just about every liter bike , and many cruisers in the past I'm hoping for a happy median . Post your age xsr owners !!!
You know darn that Yamaha! I had purchased the yellow 2015 FZ09 and wouldn’t you know it the XSR 900 comes out in the same color. Ever since then I’ve been chasing my tail to get one and never did and I just love the way the bike looks. Plus it has the same motor

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know darn that Yamaha! I had purchased the yellow 2015 FZ09 and wouldn’t you know it the XSR 900 comes out in the same color. Ever since then I’ve been chasing my tail to get one and never did and I just love the way the bike looks. Plus it has the same motor
I've been wondering if this bike is going to appeal to a youngster crowd or not .im 35 and I fell in love at first sight , most if not all of my younger friends think it's too hipster looking , and my older friends think it's nice ! Having owned just about every liter bike , and many cruisers in the past I'm hoping for a happy median . Post your age xsr owners !!!
I bought the 2016 brushed aluminum/oxblood new @ 36 years old, haven't looked back. 20K miles later, still best bike ever built, IMHO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 28. First bike was a 1984 honda rebel. Then got a 1975 CB750 cafe project. Recently got my first modern EFI bike, FZ-07, then realized it felt too cramped for me and wanted a taller bike. So I sold it, found a deal with a 2016 XSR900 with 2,500 miles! Ive been in love since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 31, first bike was a 96 ninja 650r which I had for about 4 years. Been mainly off bikes for about 8 years. Started riding my wife's ninja 250r for about 2 months then bought my 2020 XSR900 new.

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
I'm 35 and likely would have purchased a '21 XSR 900 over the '21 MT-09 if it had the same rider aid upgrades as the MT-09 received. But at this age I'll take a little safety over looks (doesn't hurt I'm in the new MT-09 looks good camp, either).

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,928 Posts
...likely would have purchased a '21 XSR 900 over the '21 MT-09 if it had the same rider aid upgrades as the MT-09 received...
I’m really curious to see if they do that for ‘22. If so, I might have some decision-making to do!

(Oh, and the age thing... I probably posted here before somewhere, but I’ll be 58 next weekend...)

·
Registered
24 Posts
61 years young. The XSR is my third bike after returning to riding in 2009. Had ridden dirt in the 80's on Hondas, so the return was also Honda- a VTR250, nice little bike, then on to an FZ6n in 2011- great bike nad an excellent upward move from the VTR. Had been waiting for the right time to move to the XSR, which was last weekend. And I am so glad I did- what a bike!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 52
Bought my 21' XSR because I missed the sound/power of a triple (Had a 2012 black/gold Street Triple R) and the white/red/gold color combo reminded me of the RZ350's of my youth. The colors also reminded me of my buddy's dads Husqvarna 250 (think it was a 78'?). My buddy and I would ride it in the vacant lot across the street from his house while his dad was at work. :)

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,928 Posts
...and the white/red/gold color combo reminded me of the RZ350's of my youth.
That’s exactly what I thought when the ‘20 came out. I mean, it’s really just the tank, and the wheels, kinda. But yeah, first thing I thought of was ‘85 RZ350!

·
Registered
1 Posts
49 and holding here. I had a 15 FZ09. Then I bought a 20 XSR. First bikes that interested me in a long time. Probably still get buried with my 98 Superhawk I spent half my life riding. I just hope the texting drivers don't accelerate the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

201 - 217 of 217 Posts